Author Topic: 1/35 scavenged, electric 3 wheeled truck DONE  (Read 6034 times)

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
Re: 1/35 scavenged, electric 3 wheeled truck
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2021, 11:43:01 AM »
And the TP aspect is hilarious  ;D

Absolutely, &, as recent events have shown, oh so true! The most valued commodity during any pandemic/apocalypse is going to be TOILET PAPER! ;D
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • Holding Pattern
  • I'd rather be dirtbike riding...
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2021, 09:04:15 PM »
What baffled me when covid started with the lockdowns, everyone stock up with bales of toilet paper until stores had to ration it. From what mrs kitnut has learnt while working at the local hospital, people who got covid (or symptoms like it) didn't get the shits ----- We just bought one bale at a time when we needed to, for three a bale lasted quite a while.

Offline Story

• Nicht mein Zirkus, nicht meine Affen...
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2021, 10:09:56 PM »
What baffled me when covid started with the lockdowns, everyone stock up with bales of toilet paper until stores had to ration it. From what mrs kitnut has learnt while working at the local hospital, people who got covid (or symptoms like it) didn't get the shits ----- We just bought one bale at a time when we needed to, for three a bale lasted quite a while.

The hoarding of TP was more to do with self-quarantining and avoiding the unwashed at the supermarket than any symptoms from Covid.

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
  • Formerly Frank2056. New upgrade!
    • My new webpage
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2021, 08:21:52 AM »
I put together the Masterbox An Old Raider - Vadim" The figure is OK - details are soft in some areas and could be improved with some carving and undercutting (which I did a bit of, but not enough). I replaced the elbow and knee pads with better resin versions from Live Resin and replaced the left hand with a resin one.

Lighting is a little harsh and I rushed the painting, but he'll do:

I'm using a Dragon 1/35 shotgun (not fully painted), because I felt that the weapon that comes with the kit is too much firepower for a post-apocalyptic scenario:

Here is Mr. V in front of the truck. I don't think the heavy coat matches the warmer ambiance of the truck:

The sign at the rear:

Offline apophenia

• Perversely enjoys removing backgrounds.
  • Patterns? What patterns?
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2021, 08:26:49 AM »
Nice! I like the heavy coat. Mr. V is driving around in a frigid, open vehicle in a Winter landscape ... because he has to  :smiley:
Froglord: "... amphibious doom descends ... approach the alter and swear your allegiance to the swamp."

Offline Story

• Nicht mein Zirkus, nicht meine Affen...
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2021, 08:32:08 AM »
Reminds me of this post-apocalyptic flea market scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w9L1EKT0HA

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
    • My new webpage
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2021, 10:03:45 AM »
Everybody looks so clean and healthy in that clip!

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2021, 04:49:38 PM »
Everybody looks so clean and healthy in that clip!

Too clean and healthy! There's somethin' not right here, amigo! ::)
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline tiking

• Under investigation for passing off photos of real vehicles as models
  • Master Weatherer
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2021, 05:51:19 PM »
Very beautiful work. I love it.
Charles
Nothing is incapable beyond what you are capable

Offline Buzzbomb

• Low Concentration Span, oft wanders betwixt projects
  • Accurate Scale representations of fictional stuff
    • Club and my stuff site
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2021, 07:29:16 PM »
Great work Frank.

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2021, 09:21:30 PM »
You've done Vadim very well, Frank! :smiley:

Hopefully I can do as well. Unlike you, however, I like the rifle in the kit. It looks like a salvaged gun owner's modified military rifle.

I happen to have all four from that particular set & they all look fairly good, although #4, Pastor, doesn't really do it for me as it is ... I'll have to modify that one a bit, I think.

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
    • My new webpage
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2021, 12:34:12 AM »
Thanks for all the comments! I gave Vadim another coat of clear matt and hopefully that will tone him down a bit.

Hopefully I can do as well. Unlike you, however, I like the rifle in the kit. It looks like a salvaged gun owner's modified military rifle.

I happen to have all four from that particular set & they all look fairly good, although #4, Pastor, doesn't really do it for me as it is ... I'll have to modify that one a bit, I think.

I prefer the rife on Vadim's boxtop. The pastor and the little girl are hard to find in the US - typical post apocalyptic supply issues. Masterbox sometimes has a problem with female faces looking a bit too mannish, but Desert Battle Series A new Leader - Hanna looks OK in plastic.

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
    • My new webpage
Re: 1/35 scavenged, electric 3 wheeled truck DONE
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2021, 10:34:13 AM »
I think this one's done. The other figures will be for other builds.

Offline Robomog

• ...had a very bad experience with [an] orange...
  • Would you buy a used kit from this man?
Re: 1/35 scavenged, electric 3 wheeled truck DONE
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2021, 04:08:26 PM »
Nice one Frank,  beautifully finished  :smiley: :smiley:

Mog
>^-.-^<
Mostly Harmless...............