Modelling > Aero-space

F-86 Sabre and Derivatives

(1/60) > >>

M.A.D:
G’day gents

I've once again been looking through Tony Buttler's American Secret Projects Fighters & Interceptors 1945-1978

In it is some great pictures of manufacturers models of the North American Aviation 'Advanced F-86' & 'Sabre 45' projects (page 50 & 51) - the precursor to the F-100 Super Sabre!

I'm thinking of a backstory pertaining to a more conservative evolution of the F-86 Sabre design by North American Aviation, as opposed to them taking a more riskier and expensive jump directly to the F-100 Super Sabre.
As in the case of the Mikoyan-and-Gurevich Design Bureau did with their improving of the combat tested and proven MiG-15 Fagot, which evolved into the improved MiG-17 Fresco, before they took the jump to the supersonic and more radical MiG-19 Farmer design!

So it is, that I'm hoping, that someone out there might have 3-view drawings or profiles of the proposed 'Advanced F-86 / Sabre 45' or if someone is willing to have a crack at creating some of these 'Advanced F-86' & 'Sabre 45' profiles. 

P.S. I have to apologise, as I only have this picture from the book!!

M.A.D

kitnut617:
MAD, have you tried contacting Tony Buttler ?

M.A.D:
Thanks kitnut617 for the heads up  ;)
Would love too!!
Can you PM a C/P for him please??

M.A.D

kitnut617:
Hi, I asked Tony if it's alright to give out his details and this was his reply:

Hello Robert.
Hope all is well. Thanks for your message.

I had read this comment on the secretprojects forum. You are welcome to pass my details to your contact, but there are currently no drawings of these designs available.

I understand that the North American archive still exists but its huge size has (so far) prevented any chance of the public being able to view it. Consequently, for projects after about 1948/49 (which are not in the National archives) there is no supporting documentation to provide data (dimensions, weights, performance, etc) and of course 3-view drawings. I have tried lots of other potential NAA contacts (and still do) but with no luck as yet. The one chap who I think may have been able to help was not happy to send me copies of project drawings because he did not wish to break the very tight secrecy restrictions (even though this stuff is 60+ years old).

Sorry I cannot say anymore - I too would love to see drawings of these designs myself.

Very best wishes,
Tony.

finsrin:
Post war thru 50s planes in general of all nations are favorites of mine.  This captures that era well.  Makes for more kit bashing thought.
Without thinking about it as such when building.  I feel Spider Venom has that 1950ish look/feel to it.
Looking forward to what you can come up with......  :)
Bill

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version