Modelling > Land

Unmanned Turret, Oscillating Turret, and Low-Profile Turret for AFVs

<< < (7/7)

Mig Eater:
Not sure if this totally fits here, this is my fictional design for a Tiger II/E-50 turret with an Oscillating gun breach that I call the Python. The name/idea for the design was inspired by a similar 1/35 resin turret released by Paper Panzer Productions called the KingCobra. I also drew inspiration from the M60A2 "Starship" turret & the Panther Schmalturm. I 3D printed all the parts but kinda lost interest after that, I really should get back to it some day ;D 

GTX_Admin:
Interesting - what scale?

apophenia:

--- Quote from: Mig Eater on July 13, 2023, 10:49:24 PM ---... I really should get back to it some day ;D 

--- End quote ---

Yes, you really should! That oscillating gun breach concept is a brilliant way of dealing with gun depression in a low-profile turret. Is that your original concept? If not, what was it inspired by?

[Edit] Weirdly, I just came across a reference to a c.1980 Wegmann Flachturm proposal for a future Leopard 2 development. The Germans called their roof hatch a Turmdachklappe.

-- https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/threads/west-german-leopard-3-mbt.712/#post-596571

Mig Eater:
It's in 1/35 scale.

The inspiration chain started with a patent filed by Rheinmetall in 1957 for a oscillating gun breach design.

A few years ago Paper Panzer Productions released a resin turret based on that design, which I used on a Panzer E-75 (I should finish that one too! ;D )

After that I wanted to make my own design based on on the oscillating gun concept for the Panzer E-50. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version