Author Topic: Viggen + F-104  (Read 2977 times)

Offline apophenia

• Perversely enjoys removing backgrounds.
  • Patterns? What patterns?
Re: Viggen + F-104
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2023, 05:09:03 AM »
I tried to get the shape of the F-104 tail but a little larger and without the T tail...

Nailed it! I love that swoopy F-104 curve ... but it looks even better without the T-tail  :smiley:
"It happens sometimes. People just explode. Natural causes." - Agent Rogersz

Offline Kerick

• Reportedly finished with a stripper...
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2024, 10:46:28 AM »
I received the decals for this puppy today! Enough for two aircraft so it was worth the money.

Enough stenciling for about ten aircraft! A company called DXM decals out of Taiwan. I've never heard of it before. It seemed to be the only outfit that had what I wanted. Printed by Cartograf and they look really good. Now for some paint colors that look at least really close. It seems the JASDF doesn't use FS or any paint company's numbers. I have a couple of nice pics that should get me close. Hey, its a whiff!

Offline Kerick

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2024, 12:29:10 PM »
It's been far too long without an up date on this one. I've managed to cobble together a halfway decent cockpit out of every part I had that looked like a cockpit. Thank heavens for the Aeroclub seats I had laying around for ages. So the canopy is on now after too much fooling around with it. But at least now it fits.

I also had to build two new airbrakes to replace the ones lost when I dropped it!

The canopy is big enough that you can actually see some stuff in there!

On to painting and then 5000 tiny decals!

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2024, 05:15:53 PM »
That's looking pretty d@mned good, there! :smiley: 8)
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline finsrin

• The Dr Frankenstein of the modelling world...when not hiding from SBA
  • Finds part glues it on, finds part glues it on....
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2024, 05:49:42 PM »
Going to have splendid OOB look.  Only those in the know will know  :smiley:

Offline Kerick

« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2024, 10:52:25 PM »
Thanks everyone!

Offline Kerick

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2024, 11:55:31 AM »
So the masking is done. Now I just have to clear some time for painting. Easier said than done. :rolleyes: