Author Topic: 2nd. Korean war build  (Read 2613 times)

Offline pigflyer

• If reality is real, give me whatif. Really?
2nd. Korean war build
« on: April 21, 2018, 10:43:21 PM »
I seldom do ships, but I do like a change, so here they are from my entry into the second Korean war GB, the story is there.

A German Z class destroyer, used post war by the U.S. for radar and gunnery trials, rather than scrap it, when the fighting broke out again, the U.S. figured it could still be of use under the terms of the 1953 cease fire.  Sent to Australia to lead two ex Aussie navy O class destroyers drawn from their reserve fleet, re furbed and refitted. 
Korea had two former Japanese WW2 assault support vessels used for training which they sent to Australia for an upgrade, refurb and refit so as to put them back to sea.
All joined together to sail under the U.S. Flag into their new South Korean berth for handing over.

If I don't plan it, it can't go wrong!

If it's great, I did it. If it's naff, I found it.

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
Re: 2nd. Korean war build
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 10:56:28 PM »
Those are some might fine ships of the line, Mr Flyer!

While I'm probably too much of a land-lubber to properly appreciate them to their fullest, they sure look every bit the business and I especially like the red funnels and details.

Avast ye matey! As fast a ship as ever sailed!

Great stuff!

Brian da Basher