Author Topic: Heller,s patriot launcher at 1/48[yes its the same as Arll,s]  (Read 4440 times)

jetboy

hi heres a few pics of this nice subject,crap kit,but unusual,it turned out to be exactly the same as ARLLS kit,apart from a few differences with a few added decals with the Heller kit....still it was a subject,theres not many kits of?.....have a look...

arlls box

the one i built

i think Heller,s box art wins though?

it took me ages to find a pipe cleaner?

as these kits,come with steel axles,just be careful,if you over push them into the wheels,too far,the wheels will shatter...i know?
any way hope you like it cheers Don

Offline father ennis

• I got paint older than most of you guys ...
  • Our Scifi, armour-building Rennissance Priest...
Re: Heller,s patriot launcher at 1/48[yes its the same as Arll,s]
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 11:55:57 AM »
Might be a crappy kit,but you have done an outstanding job !!!  A little tip on your trouble with the metal axles, if you discover a too tight fit ,remember,it's NOT a woman,so don't force it !!!  Drill out the hole to accept the metal axle ,glue if necessary. I've had that problem myself and this is the easiest solution.
I may be old but I'm not dead ... yet anyway ... !!!    And NO I did not know Richard III !!!!!!

jetboy

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 04:16:18 PM »
Hi Ennis,sorry i should re phrase that really,not a crappy kit,i was just a bit dissapointed that the tractor unit was not a real vehicle,though similar,but i understand that,its a great kit,if your the imaginative type,as a lot could be done,if this is used as a basis,and it could benefit from a bit of scratch,but as i wanted it for the missile launcher,im quite happy with that?though i might do the other one in a more drab colour,to see the details a bit better,thanks for looking,i suppose i better show the other vehicles in the set now?....cheers Don

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 06:52:25 AM »
nicely done, jetboy.

I think those Arii kits were originally 1960's clock-work toys.  Yes, the truck is crap & almost totally useless for anything really - but the trailers are quite useable with new wheels & some gizmos.  I would have bought the Patriot & the Scud if it weren't for the $50 price-tags in my country :icon_nif:

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 07:02:10 AM »
Most excellent, Don!

Brian da Basher