Author Topic: Messerschmitt/Nakajima Ki-210 "Borris"  (Read 1973 times)

Offline Spey Phantom

• 1/144 addict
  • the modeler formerly known as Nils.
Messerschmitt/Nakajima Ki-210 "Borris"
« on: September 06, 2020, 10:02:52 PM »
this was an entry i was planning for a '46 group build a few years ago, but never got to building it.
the idea is that Germany assisted Japan in developing its own jet fighters (like the Ki-201 Karyu was licenced from the Me262).

Back History:

the IJA was looking for a heavy high-altitude long-range interceptor to fend off American B-29's over Japan, and requested technical documents for the new Messerschmitt P.1099 (wich became the Me462 in Germany).

the Nakajima company, that was already building new jets for the IJA and IJN, as tasked with building this new aircraft.
designated the Ki-210, Allied codename "Borris", the aircraft was an exact copy of the Me P1099 heavy fighter.

the prototype first flew on December 21st 1945 and was due to enter service in May 1946. during test flights, its range, manuevrability and stability proved to be satisfactory, however, the heavy armamant that was planned (like the Me P1099B) had to be abandoned due to the same problem the Germans were having at the time, that the heavy aircraft with its Junkers Jumo 004 engines, was proven to be underpowered, and germany was not ready to hand over the technical data on the Heinkel HeS 011 engines as those were still undergoing testing.

eventually, the Ki210's were modified and remanufactured to become long-range land based torpedo bombers, about 78 aircraft were built by the time of surrender in November '46.

The Model:

the model will be a Revell 1/72 Messerschmitt Me P1099, modified to IJA standard with decals sourced from an Airfix A6M Zero.

on the bench:
-various models

on the drawing board:
-various 1/72 TinTin aircraft
-1/72 Eurocopter Tiger (Belgian Army)
-various other 1/72 and 1/144 aircraft

Offline Artoor_K

• On the run from Polish Rivet Counters...
  • Use the power of your dreams!
Re: Messerschmitt/Nakajima Ki-210 "Borris"
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 03:50:57 AM »
Well, Caesar appreciates whole idea of basing new aircraft on P.1009 and personally requested for photos :)
Sickening, weakening
Don't let another somber pariah consume your soul
You need strengthening, toughening
It takes a bit of dark to rekindle the fire burning in you
Ignite the fire within you