Author Topic: Hutter Secret Projects of WW2  (Read 3523 times)

Offline Flitzer

• Was reportedly smuggled out of Germany under Operation Paperclip
Hutter Secret Projects of WW2
« on: October 18, 2012, 03:21:57 AM »
A few Hutter Ostermark profiles.

P

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
Re: Hutter Secret Projects of WW2
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 03:27:57 AM »
That is certainly an odd looking craft.  At first glance I would have guessed it was designed for reconnaissance instead of interception.
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Flitzer

• Was reportedly smuggled out of Germany under Operation Paperclip
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 03:21:40 AM »
That is certainly an odd looking craft.  At first glance I would have guessed it was designed for reconnaissance instead of interception.
Hi Jeffry, that was my first impression also, but it turned out to be a long-range high-altitude interceptor/zerstorer. There was to be provision for additional weapons to be carried in underwing nacelles. But the wings look, to me at least, quite fragile, if these wings are correct that is.

References found in the book: Luftwaffe Secret Projects - Ground Attack and Special Purpose Aircraft. by Dieter Herwig and Heinz Rode

Peter  :)

Offline finsrin

• The Dr Frankenstein of the modelling world...when not hiding from SBA
  • Finds part glues it on, finds part glues it on....
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 10:53:14 AM »
Sure does look like a fly above it all and everyone reconnaissance plane.
If good enough navigation for it.  Could loiter over 8th AF bomber base at night immune to night fighters.  Dropping random 10-25 pound bombs as terror and interrupting bomber crew sleep with perhaps a lucky hit here-n-there.