Author Topic: Ebay sellers  (Read 3367 times)

Offline The Big Gimper

• Any model will look better in RCAF, SEAC or FAA markings
  • Global Moderator
  • Cut. Cut. Cut. Measure. Cut. Cut. Crap. Toss.
    • Photobucket Modeling Album
Ebay sellers
« on: May 24, 2017, 12:33:55 AM »
New Topic: Items found only on Ebay.

This UK seller, inner-leaf,  is producing via 3D printing the Bristol Bloodhound in the following scales: 1/144, 1/72, 1/43 and 1/32.

His Ebay store is here:http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/inner-leaf/m.html

I did not see them at Shapeways.
Work in progress ::

I am giving up listing them. They all end up on the shelf of procrastination anyways.

User and abuser of Bothans...

Offline tsrjoe

• Has been volunteered... for something...
Re: Ebay sellers
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 04:21:14 PM »
I have two of the 72 Bloodhound, very nice, the Thor is on order il post up some snaps when it arrives

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • Holding Pattern
  • I'd rather be dirtbike riding...
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 12:06:27 AM »
I have two of the 72 Bloodhound, very nice, the Thor is on order il post up some snaps when it arrives

Joe, do the Bloodhounds come in pieces ? those ram jets are just what I'm looking for.

Offline tsrjoe

• Has been volunteered... for something...
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 08:16:09 PM »
the Bloodhound comes as a one piece print with boosters and ramjets attatched, the launcher and base unit being single units too, all beautifully detailed tho.
Im after a set of the ramjets too to do a Blue Envoy, hmm, I wonder if I can do a butter on silicone of the unit without trashing the original or maybe a nice letter to the producer of the piece may result in a separate piece :)

8)

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 08:40:25 PM »
I would have thought 1/48 & 1/35 would be better sellers than 1/43 & 1/32. ???
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • Holding Pattern
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 12:13:14 AM »
the Bloodhound comes as a one piece print with boosters and ramjets attatched, the launcher and base unit being single units too, all beautifully detailed tho.
Im after a set of the ramjets too to do a Blue Envoy, hmm, I wonder if I can do a butter on silicone of the unit without trashing the original or maybe a nice letter to the producer of the piece may result in a separate piece :)

8)

Yeah! I think an email to the producer might be an idea. In my latest Air-Britain Aeromilitaria quarterly, there's an article on the Avro W.114 Blue Steel Phase 2. It has four BRJ.822 ramjets which look a lot like those on the Bloodhound. I'll have to scale the 3-Views and see if they are the same.

Offline KiwiZac

• The Modeller Formerly Known As K5054NZ
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2017, 04:33:15 AM »
The detail on the Bloodhound is gorgeous. Joe: how do they look OOB?
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Offline The Big Gimper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2022, 07:05:55 AM »
I know you need at least one of these Greg ....

Monogram Revell 1/48 XB-38 Allison Engined B-17 Resin/Vac Conversion Set

Listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/234651676333?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

I am giving up listing them. They all end up on the shelf of procrastination anyways.

Online Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2022, 08:23:17 AM »

Listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/234651676333?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

Damnit Carl! 

I had pretty much given up on ever seeing a decent 1/48th scale conversion for the XB-38. 

Thanks! 

The last time I ventured into this subject was to acquire two XB-38 conversions from a guy selling under the name of "Rebel Alpha" out of Las Vegas and the two steaming piles of crap that he sold me were absolutely useless for any conversion of the Monogram or Revell B-17 into the XB-38.  This set looks like it will actually work and I too will have to add one to the stash. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline The Big Gimper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2022, 08:11:54 PM »
You're welcome Greg. I learned of it via one of the FB modelling groups I follow.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2022, 12:58:07 AM »
Jeff or Greg??
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline kitnut617

• Holding Pattern
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2022, 02:09:55 AM »

Damnit Carl! 

I had pretty much given up on ever seeing a decent 1/48th scale conversion for the XB-38. 

Thanks! 

The last time I ventured into this subject was to acquire two XB-38 conversions from a guy selling under the name of "Rebel Alpha" out of Las Vegas and the two steaming piles of crap that he sold me were absolutely useless for any conversion of the Monogram or Revell B-17 into the XB-38.  This set looks like it will actually work and I too will have to add one to the stash.

What these sets miss out on, are the wing leading edge radiators between the engines

Offline The Big Gimper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2022, 12:10:26 AM »

Damnit Carl! 

Thanks! 

What these sets miss out on, are the wing leading edge radiators between the engines

Here is another photo which shows the radiators.

1/72 XB-38 build is here: https://modelingmadness.com/review/allies/us/beatoxb38.htm

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2022, 01:11:12 AM »
I'm actually more interested in his B-17C,D Sharktail Flying Fortress Resin Conversion Set:

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Online Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2022, 04:35:01 AM »
The two XB-38 (Allison V-1710) conversions from eBay were delivered a couple days ago, would have commented sooner but a couple of health care appointments took precedence so a bit lat on sharing the news. 

The conversion is certainly more extensive than the XB-38 conversion I purchased several years ago from some guy in Las Vegas selling under the name of "Rebel Alpha" that had a cheap for the time resin conversion for the XB-38 that turned out to be a real POS.  It was horribly done and I was not impressed with the quality of workmanship.  I conveyed my displeasure to the seller and he offered to send me his "improved" XB-38 conversion which was also a POS.  I declined the offer and made it known to fellow modelers far and wide to avoid this guy and his crappy conversion.  I hope it hurt his business. 

That being said, this new XB-38 conversion is only slightly better with one-piece engine nacelles but the propelller spinner is moulded to the nose of the nacelle part that has the air-intake for the oil cooler and engine so that sucks.  The propeller spinner is also not indexed to show where to drill the holes for the separately moulded propelller blades.  Kind of disappointing to be honest.  All of the other parts included appear to address the physical differences in the B-17E fuselage vs the donor kits that will be used (Revell B-17F and Monogram B-17G).  So for almost twice the price of the Rebel Alpha XB-38 conversion I now have something better but still not ideal to work with in converting a 1/48th scale B-17 to the XB-38.  There is another seller on eBay that offers an XB-38 conversion that runs about $50.00 but it is not identical to the conversion I just acquired.  It might actually be better but at $50.00 I am not eager to spend more money to find out just yet.

Posted to this thread in lieu of reporting in the usual "Recent Acquistions" thread for relevance. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg