Author Topic: INSPIRATION :)  (Read 21938 times)

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
Re: INSPIRATION :)
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2016, 02:53:29 PM »
All that armour & fire-power & what does it take to stop it? ???

Soft ground !

And, with all that weight, a paved highway probably classifies as "soft ground". ;D
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline The Big Gimper

• Any model will look better in RCAF, SEAC or FAA markings
  • Global Moderator
  • Cut. Cut. Cut. Measure. Cut. Cut. Crap. Toss.
    • Photobucket Modeling Album
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2016, 07:25:38 PM »
Is inspiring  ---  With 1/32-1/35 rotor blades can build a super lift tri-rotor 1/72 helicopter.

I also like this helo. Start with 2 CH-47s kits, scratch build the extensions, add some Agusta Westland AW101 or CH-53 blades and you have a close approximation.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 08:40:07 PM by The Big Gimper »
Work in progress ::

I am giving up listing them. They all end up on the shelf of procrastination anyways.

User and abuser of Bothans...

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • Holding Pattern
  • I'd rather be dirtbike riding...
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2016, 09:20:40 PM »
Is inspiring  ---  With 1/32-1/35 rotor blades can build a super lift tri-rotor 1/72 helicopter.

Got some 1/32 rotor blades from a CH-47 to do just that, only they're for a 1/72 C-130 sized Rotordyne

Not sure if this is appropriate here, but I can't remember if I ever posted these I drew quite a few years ago (read: pre-computer days)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 09:49:02 PM by kitnut617 »

Offline taiidantomcat

• Plastic Origamist...and not too shabby with the painting either!
  • Stylishly late...because he was reading comics
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2016, 10:23:46 PM »
Those look great kit! Nice drawings !
"They know you can do anything, So the question is, what don't you do?"

-David Fincher

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • Holding Pattern
  • I'd rather be dirtbike riding...
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2016, 11:25:38 PM »
Thanks TC,

Just so you can imagine the size of them, the car in the drawings is of a '78 Camaro (my wife was driving one at the time so I measured it up). IIRC, the blade chords are about 5 feet, I had calculated the wing area of a C-130 then worked out from there how big (and how many) the rotor blades would have to be.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 11:30:18 PM by kitnut617 »