Author Topic: Derpy Hetzer (Zb 16050-P)  (Read 664 times)

Offline Mig Eater

• Munch, Munch, Munch
    • Mig Eater Studio
Derpy Hetzer (Zb 16050-P)
« on: September 08, 2023, 09:13:17 PM »
In 1946 Škoda proposed to rearm the Hetzer/G-13 with the 15cm StuH 43 that was originally designed for the German Brummbär. The idea was rejected by the Czech army because of the very limited traverse of the gun & the limited amount of ammo that could be carried inside the hull. The design is known by its document number of Zb 16050-P.

I originally made this model 4 years ago using an old Italeri Hetzer kit that I got for cheap during a sale. It required a bit of surgery as the gun mount is molded as part of the hull, once removed it was replaced with a new 3D printed 15cm gun. To make it more "Czech" the roof mounted MG 42 was replaced with a 3D printed ZB-53 with a metal barrel from RB models. The kit didn't come with any view ports so they were crudely added with some plastic card. All of the handles & tie downs were replaced with metal wire & the view port covers replaced with some strips of aluminum.

Lastly I didn't want to use the rubber tracks that came with the kit & I didn't have any alternatives available at the time, so the project was put on hold. My recent TNH-57/900 build tho gave me a spare set of Hetzer tracks, so I got this build down from the shelf of doom & finally finished it. The kit's sprockets didn't fit the new tracks so I had to 3D print some new ones. The spare tracks on the hull are 3D printed leftovers from my Laupen build. 

I scratch built new side skirts from aluminum, they were originally glued to the hull but kept breaking off while handling the model. I'll leave them off for now & add them back after I've finished the painting. 

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
Re: Derpy Hetzer (Zb 16050-P)
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2023, 10:49:57 PM »
Just been watching AusArmour's Workshop Wednesday video (from 2022) of them fitting Schürzen to their static display Jagdpanther. :smiley:
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
  • Formerly Frank2056. New upgrade!
    • My new webpage
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2023, 11:35:34 PM »
Looks good! What did you use to bend all the hand holds and attachment points (are those PE?)

Offline Mig Eater

• Munch, Munch, Munch
    • Mig Eater Studio
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2023, 02:17:33 AM »
They are just random bits of wire bent with some tweezers :P   

Offline Buzzbomb

• Low Concentration Span, oft wanders betwixt projects
  • Accurate Scale representations of fictional stuff
    • Club and my stuff site
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2023, 06:59:13 AM »