Author Topic: Floaty Rules  (Read 6164 times)

Offline Cliffy B

• Ship Whiffer Extraordinaire...master of Beyond Visual Range Modelling
  • Its ZOTT!!!
    • My Artwork
Floaty Rules
« on: February 22, 2013, 10:19:57 AM »
Attention all hands, now here the this, the following rules will go into affect ship wide no earlier than March 1st:

1.  As the title says, all things that float/spend time on/under the water are allowed; civie as well as military and sci-fi.  Your subject must come in direct contact with the water though.  It can't simply fly/ride over it. 

This includes, but is not limited to all forms of rafts, boats, ships, submarines, submersibles, flying boats, float planes, and amphibians.  If you're unsure, file a proposal with the OOD and it will be taken under advisement.

2.  Duration is March 1 - April 30 with a 2 week extension available if needed.  Speak up if you want one when the time comes.

3.  Be creative people!!!  Blow the box wide open and leave it in the rear view!

4.  Physical builds, profiles, stories, and any combination thereof will all be accepted.  Collaborations are welcomed and encouraged.

5.  Partially constructed builds will be subject to approval prior to their inclusion.

6.  When in doubt ask!  Father Ennis and myself are in charge of this one so direct your questions/comments/concerns/general griping to us please.

That concludes the rules.  Liberty will expire at 24:59 on the 28th.  We'll be departing the deserts promptly at 00:00 so make sure you're aboard and your gear is squared away unless you want to be left behind  ;)  That is all.

-Mike

Edit: Now here this, there will hereby be a time table extension of exactly 2 weeks and not a day more.  2400 hours on May 15th (your local time) is the new deadline.  Get cracking people!!!!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 06:56:45 AM by Cliffy B »
"Radials growl, inlines purr, jets blow!"  -Anonymous

"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."  -Tom Clancy

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."  -Anonymous

Offline Dr. YoKai

• Was in High School when mastadons roamed the plains...
  • A notorious curmudgeon who is partial to...hemp!
Re: Floaty Rules
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 01:38:53 AM »
 Hmmm. So...Hooooooovercraft rule OK?

Offline Cliffy B

• Its ZOTT!!!
    • My Artwork
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 01:57:49 AM »
Yes sir!

"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."  -Tom Clancy

Offline Dr. YoKai

• Was in High School when mastadons roamed the plains...
  • A notorious curmudgeon who is partial to...hemp!
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 06:26:43 AM »
 Excellent! I think I've got a ( possibly ) new method for finishing hover skirts that even Radish will
 approve of...( It involves rubber. )

Offline TerryCampion

• Be careful asking for his photos…he might send them to you!
  • Radish by a new moniker
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 07:17:33 PM »
Rubber is good  ;)

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 06:33:07 AM »
Rubber is good  ;)

I think I speak for everyone here when I say (nay plead!):  NO PICTURES PLEASE!!!!
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Cliffy B

• Its ZOTT!!!
    • My Artwork
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 02:15:19 AM »
Rules have been amended to clear up some confusion amongst the crew.  Please direct all griping to your Captain who will promptly ignore it  ;) 

Move along people, back to work >:(

Oh and Radish...Greg's plea of no pictures is hereby law on my ship!  Break and it and you'll answer to him  :o
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 02:26:37 AM by Cliffy B »

Offline father ennis

• I got paint older than most of you guys ...
  • Our Scifi, armour-building Rennissance Priest...
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 09:37:15 AM »
I'm so very very happy that I don't have to field complaints !!!   Oh thank-you,thank-you !!!  Anything else.just ask me !!!
I may be old but I'm not dead ... yet anyway ... !!!    And NO I did not know Richard III !!!!!!

Offline AGRA

• Took the opportunity to tease us with a RAAF F-82
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 08:59:13 PM »
A rules question: how about a navy? I’m thinking I can knock up a quick story and some profiles based on rebuilding the Indian Navy after losing their fleet in the 61 Goa War scenario I’m writing about in the aircraft carrier inspiration ideas thread. Apart from the story would detail their ships, submarines and naval aircraft. The navy aircraft would not be amphibious in anyway though most would be ship based.

Offline Cliffy B

• Its ZOTT!!!
    • My Artwork
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2013, 11:15:28 PM »
Sounds good to me man!  Just make the ships the focal point and the non-amphib aircraft in a supplemental role and you'll be fine.  Obviously if you're talking about a carrier, the air wing needs attention too just make sure the bulk of the stuff focuses on the ships that's all.

So yeah, green light unless Father Ennis has any objections.

Offline father ennis

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2013, 10:02:34 AM »
Sounds good to me !!!  Go for it,just remember the GB theme is things that float in the water or some other liquid.  If I get this right you are writing some type of story or alternative history ? Just wanted to make this clear. LOL!!!!!!  Unless you are one fast model builder to make ALL the ships in their Navy ??????  Now that I would like to see !!!   LOL!!!!!!
I may be old but I'm not dead ... yet anyway ... !!!    And NO I did not know Richard III !!!!!!

Offline AGRA

• Took the opportunity to tease us with a RAAF F-82
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2013, 10:13:55 AM »
Ohh yeah just story and maybe some drawn profiles. I was thinking story in three parts: the naval battles in the 61 Goa War, the Indo-Soviet program to rebuild the fleet and the redemption of the Indian Navy in the 71 Indo-Pak War (Bangladesh Liberation War). Carrier air wings will play a big part in the story and I will mention the shore based naval aircraft for completeness (Tu-22s!) and other flow on effects but not in any detail.

PS the only plastic scale model I have built since the 1980s was a Type XXI submarine the year before last for my nephew who wanted a toy submarine. Yet that doesn't explain why I actually have a model stash?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 10:15:39 AM by AGRA »

Offline father ennis

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2013, 04:29:54 PM »
Dude ...  That ISN'T your model stash. It's your model COLLECTION ,or at least that was what .I always told my wife when she wanted to Bitch about it !!!!   But darn, I was hoping you were going to build the whole Indian Navy ...     Sounds interesting,though...

Offline Cliffy B

• Its ZOTT!!!
    • My Artwork
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2013, 06:55:47 AM »
Now here this, there will hereby be a time table extension of exactly 2 weeks and not a day more.  2400 hours on May 15th (your local time) is the new deadline.  Get cracking people!!!!