Author Topic: Litvyak's profiles  (Read 257223 times)

Offline Litvyak

• Shifting between quantum realities...
  • Althistorian & profiler...& the 1st lady of whiff
    • Dominion of British Columbia
Re: Litvyak's profiles
« Reply #475 on: Yesterday at 04:25:14 AM »

So a bit of a teaser of a work in progress... figuring out how to do terrain the way maps do, cuz I want to do a BCAA road map of Utari Mosir, figured the smallest uninhabited island would be a good place to try my hand... this is Broughton Island (aka ostrov Broutona/остров Броутона aka Buroton-tō/武魯頓島), northernmost island of Utari Mosir. Got all the ridge lines in, and doing the shading on the east side of Mount Broughton, side by side with the RW topo map... I think I'm on the right track?

I'll tell you right now, though, this is going to be a decidedly long term project!
"God save our King and heaven bless the Maple Leaf forever!"

Dominion of BC - https://dominionofbc.miraheze.org/wiki/British_Columbia

"Bernard, this doesn't say anything!" "Why thank you, Prime Minister."

Offline apophenia

• Perversely enjoys removing backgrounds.
  • Patterns? What patterns?
« Reply #476 on: Yesterday at 09:23:48 AM »
... I'll tell you right now, though, this is going to be a decidedly long term project!

It does look like great fun, though! And, when you're done, few others (at least, in our neck of the woods) will know those islands the way you do  :smiley:
"It happens sometimes. People just explode. Natural causes." - Agent Rogersz

Offline Litvyak

• Shifting between quantum realities...
  • Althistorian & profiler...& the 1st lady of whiff
    • Dominion of British Columbia
« Reply #477 on: Today at 07:22:47 AM »
So I've got the small and easy map done - the three uninhabited islands, Broughton Island, Chirpoy, and Lesser Chirpoy. I rather like how the mountains turned out, especially Chirpoy - I think I did a decent job of representing the topography there, but I'm sure they'll get even better as I go along doing the other islands... slowly.

I used the AAA road maps that I became all too familiar with on summer family road trips all around the States as a kid/teen on navigator duty for my dad as an inspiration/guide... wanted to give the feel of a map you'd pull out of the glovebox when stopped at a layby or a roadside service centre for a coffee and sandwich. I'd appreciate any feedback on ways to improve it, that I can incorporate into the next maps when I tackle them!
"God save our King and heaven bless the Maple Leaf forever!"

Dominion of BC - https://dominionofbc.miraheze.org/wiki/British_Columbia

"Bernard, this doesn't say anything!" "Why thank you, Prime Minister."