Author Topic: Revell 1/8 65 corvette stingray  (Read 8717 times)

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
Re: Revell 1/8 65 corvette stingray
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2017, 08:55:39 AM »
Bloody Hell! You're headed into shrink-ray territory! ... Again! :icon_surprised:
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Online elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2017, 09:14:27 AM »
Bloody Hell! You're headed into shrink-ray territory! ... Again! :icon_surprised:
Sure looks that way to me, too!  Truly gorgeous work!

Offline kpnuts

• Life Saving Hero!!!
  • The man has paddle wheels on the brain...
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2017, 03:15:56 AM »
Hi all here's the next update on this

Online elmayerle

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2017, 08:07:54 AM »
Damn, that looks good!

Offline kpnuts

• Life Saving Hero!!!
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2017, 04:22:46 AM »
It never ceases to amaze me the knock on effects changing something on a kit, the doors are causing all sorts of problems first when I did the door shuts I couldn't open the doors because the corner of the firewall stopped it so I had to undo it then cut the corner of the door panels off to clear it then ( after I'd glued the windows in) I discovered (since they were designed for fixed doors they wrapped round the sides and included the side windows therefore preventing the doors from shutting, grrr)

I mentioned I'd already glued them in didn't I, well normally revells glue for clear plastic comes unglued fairly easily (in fact I've had windows fall out at the slightest touch) do you think this would come off, no stuck like a limpet so I had to cut the side window bits off with the window installed (not easy I can tell you.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2017, 11:17:33 PM »
Well, despite your issues, this is coming along swimmingly! :)
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline kpnuts

• Life Saving Hero!!!
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2017, 03:25:20 AM »
Hi all getting there, never going to be one of my better efforts, but hey it is what it is.

Offline kpnuts

• Life Saving Hero!!!
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2017, 03:46:34 AM »
Hi all here is the next update

The battery was pyramid shaped so I sliced down the corners then with some material removed I glued them back together getting rid of the pyramid shape (I assume they did it like that to get it out of the mould)

Offline kpnuts

• Life Saving Hero!!!
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2017, 01:33:13 AM »
HI all well I'm calling it done, long way from my best work, very dissatisfied with it, mainly the paintwork, but the door fit is pretty bad and the doors won't stay open without support, it's actually a very poorly detailed kit for the money, it's on amazon for 89 quid, I have to say it's well over priced when you could add 50 quid and get the heller citroen (which is in another world to this) not a kit I will ever buy again. Anyway here is the final result.

Online elmayerle

« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2017, 07:56:25 AM »
Still looks beautiful to me!  I rather suspect a 1:1 scale version would have compression struts at the front and back of each door to hold them open and stabilize them, but working versions of those are difficult to model, even in 1/8 scale.

Bravo!!

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2017, 09:29:52 AM »
I can see where you'd be disappointed but it's still a very good job! :) :)

Offline finsrin

• The Dr Frankenstein of the modelling world...when not hiding from SBA
  • Finds part glues it on, finds part glues it on....
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2017, 10:05:23 AM »
Same as with the 1/1 builds at car meets.  Owners are their own worst critics.
Bang up job on excellent subject choice (American rear wheel drive).