Current and Finished Projects > Other

Gimme Shelter!

<< < (2/3) > >>

Jeffry Fontaine:

--- Quote from: Buzzbomb on March 16, 2024, 07:18:36 AM ---I really like this simple re-use of parts
--- End quote ---
Agreed!!!

All of the extra bits in many of the kits just annoys me to no end.  One of the many reasons I have such a huge stash of extra parts.  It used to be easy when all of the parts were in one large box but that one box turned into many more boxes over the years I have been involved in this hobby.  Last I checked the spares stash was contained in a dozen large plastic totes plus a more cardboard boxes.  Keeping this stuff in the dark only promotes multiplication and before you know it you need more totes.    :o

apophenia:
Love your shelter, Jeff ... the look, the recycling parts, the lot ...  :-*

--- Quote from: Jeffry Fontaine on March 16, 2024, 08:55:09 AM ---... and before you know it you need more totes.    :o

--- End quote ---

And, inevitably, this will lead to future tote-box kit bashing  :smiley:

Jeffry Fontaine:

--- Quote from: apophenia on March 17, 2024, 04:21:19 AM ---Love your shelter, Jeff ... the look, the recycling parts, the lot ...  :-*
--- Quote from: Jeffry Fontaine on March 16, 2024, 08:55:09 AM ---... and before you know it you need more totes.    :o
--- End quote ---
And, inevitably, this will lead to future tote-box kit bashing  :smiley:
--- End quote ---

I do miss the good old days when the spare/excess parts all resided in one large container.  It was just a simple matter of starting at one side and sifting through the contents until you got to the other side of the container.  Not find the pieces you were looking for?  Start over and work your way back to the other side.  Get distracted when you stumble upon something else you had been looking for weeks before and lose your way on the project you were working on and shuffle off to the work bench to work on the lost part related to that other project you set aside when you could not find the part you now have in your hands. 

Keeping the shelter door structure as simple as possible does present a challenge.  The idea was or is that the door and structure are the entrance to something below the surface.  Not having it open up to a set of stairs keeps it simple and much easier to place on a display base. 

raafif:
Good work :smiley:  In WW2 the Japanese built steel shelters like this.

Maybe surround it with dirt for extra armour & add some troops ?

GTX_Admin:

--- Quote from: raafif on March 17, 2024, 07:23:37 AM ---Good work :smiley:  In WW2 the Japanese built steel shelters like this.

Maybe surround it with dirt for extra armour & add some troops ?

--- End quote ---

Available in 1/35 kit form too:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version