Author Topic: FS: 3 X RR Pegasus from 1:48th scale Tamiya Harrier kit.  (Read 3945 times)

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
FS: 3 X RR Pegasus from 1:48th scale Tamiya Harrier kit.
« on: July 19, 2016, 01:14:01 PM »
That is correct folks, three RR Pegasus engine shapes with moving nozzles. 

I was quite disgusted with the Tamiya 1:48th scale Harrier kits and destroyed the fuselage parts for all three kits  There may have been four kits but I can only account for three engine shapes. 

Asking price for all three Pegasus is $20.00 plus postage or best offer. 

What can you do with these things?  Well, I suppose you could try to shoe horn one into an actual Harrier model or you could just put it on a stand and use it for background clutter. 

"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
Re: FS: 3 X RR Pegasus from 1:48th scale Tamiya Harrier kit.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 05:06:11 PM »
Is it sad that I am tempted but don't know why?
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 03:11:06 AM »
Put it on your "tab" Greg?

The Pegasus parts were the only thing of merit in those Tamiya Harrier kits.  TBH, the claimed 1:48th scale might actually be closer to 1:50th scale as the kits are from that era when both scales were flaunted as the scale of choice for model aircraft in something larger than 1:72nd scale. 

Plus there is no other model of the RR Pegasus available with working nozzles :)
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 03:22:32 AM »
If others want them, go for it.  As I said, I am tempted but for the life of me can't think of where/how I would use them.
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2016, 04:14:07 AM »
If others want them, go for it.  As I said, I am tempted but for the life of me can't think of where/how I would use them.

Perhaps the opportunity to be the only one in your neighborhood/community/county to have these unique items?  :)

Offline Story

• Nicht mein Zirkus, nicht meine Affen...
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 01:29:05 AM »
Jeffry,
Check your PMs

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2016, 06:35:40 AM »
^reply sent