Author Topic: Ta-183 Huckebein ready for action!  (Read 2901 times)

Offline Faust

• The man from the Sprue Lagoon...a natural here!
    • The Sprue Lagoon
Ta-183 Huckebein ready for action!
« on: March 15, 2014, 08:24:10 PM »
If there’s one thing I love, it’s a good old “What If”. I can remember coming across some old Luftwaffe 1946 and Tigers of Terra comics years and years ago, and almost literally overheating with excitement at seeing some of the fantastic German concepts drawn as if they were in action for real! It really fired up my desire to seek out and build What If planes, and that continues to this day!

One nice What If kit is the AMTech 1/48th Ta-183 Huckebein. This is a much nicer kit than the Pioneer 1/72 offering (although it’s passable), and goes to gether really nicely (for the most part). When I had a chance to get one cheap, I couldn’t pass it up, but it took a bit of time to work up the courage to build it.

Take a look at it and let me know what you think!

http://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/amtech-148-ta-183-huckebein/

« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 08:25:56 PM by Faust »

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
Re: Ta-183 Huckebein ready for action!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 06:22:32 AM »
That's really sweet! I love the subtle camo and the details are very well done!

Brian da Basher

Offline Klaus Wachsmuth

• First "redskin" of WHIF!
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 08:40:17 AM »
I can remember coming across some old Luftwaffe 1946 and Tigers of Terra comics years and years ago...

Remind me NOT to invite Faust over to my place. :o I have the majority of the Luftwaffe 1946 comics in my stash!  ;)

Coyote Wolf Clan, Mohawk Nation, Keeper of the Eastern Door

Offline taiidantomcat

• Plastic Origamist...and not too shabby with the painting either!
  • Stylishly late...because he was reading comics
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 11:52:23 AM »
Thats a really nice looking model and a fine job on those often unforgiving luft schemes  :)
"They know you can do anything, So the question is, what don't you do?"

-David Fincher

Offline Faust

• The man from the Sprue Lagoon...a natural here!
    • The Sprue Lagoon
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 08:09:05 PM »
Thanks, guys!

Hey Klaus! Don't worry, man. I've managed to pick up a lot of the Tigers of Terra and a bunch of the Luftwaffe 46 stuff in the past few years. I single-handedly blame them for my Luft '46 love, though. They are a fun read, though, aren't they? I love the ones with the Silbervogel in them.

You're right on that, too, Taiidantomcat; the Luftwaffe should have put more attention on, oh, I don't know, say employing jets earlier than on those crazily complicated paint schemes they seemed to have loved! The best part, though, is knowing you can never really be wrong!