Current and Finished Projects > Other

Maintenance Platform in 1/72

(1/2) > >>

Kerick:
Here's some pics of a PE set off of Hobbyist Haven. It's a little expensive but it works out pretty nice for something that's hard to find. I just wish there was something in 1/48th. I don't normally do PE so this was a big jump for me. This will be my entry for my club's "Out of your comfort zone" contest.

These are all the parts in the package including all the extra shapes left over.

Close up of the stairs. Toughest part here was eyeballing the angle to bend the treads at.

A shot of the stairs and platform together. This is the arrangement that's given in the set as it arrives. To me, this doesn't make a lot of sense as the stairs should be at the opposite side as the open side of the platform or maybe at one end or the other. The open side should be against the aircraft or whatever is being worked on. Unless people are working on stuff overhead or something. Then all the sides should have railings. At least they give you extras and the original ones can be trimmed away and repositioned.

One coat of Model Master orange acrylic. I wanted paint that would not glob on and be so thick and lumpy it would hide all the detail. It's not perfect coverage so I'll call it a little worn and dirty looking. I'll add a little bit of a darker shade of metal to the platform surface to make it look used. The barricades I left unpainted.

Closer look at all the extra bits and pieces left over. Good for any number of whiff projects. Quite a bonus if you ask me!

Buzzbomb:
That is a fair bit of wow... these look really nice

Old Wombat:
 :smiley: :smiley: 8)

Frank3k:
Great job! Can't you snip one set of railings from the back (or side) and put the stairs there? I wonder if you can hone/sand the spare steel bits into tiny cutting edges.

Kerick:
I’m sure a person could rearrange the railings quite a bit. Especially before all the bending into place. Plus they give extras. Once I decide what model to display them with some changes could happen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version