Author Topic: 'English Pliers' or just a fancy name for a Clamp? :)  (Read 279 times)

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
    • SketchUp 3D Warehouse - My Digital Models
'English Pliers' or just a fancy name for a Clamp? :)
« on: July 04, 2017, 09:44:01 AM »
While I was at the Sportsman's Warehouse I found a neat little clamp-like tool for fishing enthusiasts called an 'English Plier' that is small enough to not get in the way while you are trying to hold a small part in the spring loaded grips.  Price was around $3.00 and certainly a lot cheaper than some of the branded tools you find in the hobby shops and e-stores.  It does hold things fast as I tried it out as soon as I returned home. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
Re: 'English Pliers' or just a fancy name for a Clamp? :)
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 10:26:46 PM »
No idea, but it looks like a very small version of some medical clamps.
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
    • SketchUp 3D Warehouse - My Digital Models
Re: 'English Pliers' or just a fancy name for a Clamp? :)
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 12:44:37 AM »
Pretty much a spring-loaded hemostat kind of thing without the scissors like handle features and locking features.  Small, handy, able to hold tiny things and certainly useful for a decent price. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline jcf

• Global Moderator
  • Turn that Gila-copter down!
"Evil our grandsires were, our fathers worse;
And we, till now unmatched in ill,
Must leave successors more corrupted still."
Horace, 65BC - 8BC. Marsh translation.