Modelling > Group and Themed Builds

2016 Group Build Poll

(1/9) > >>

GTX_Admin:
Ok folks,

Time to vote for which Group Builds you would like in 2016.  Please note that there are already two GBs locked in:

* The Annual Clear Your Bench GB - typically done over the Christmas/New Year period each year; and
* The annual "non-military" GB - introduced following the poll done earlier this year
The vote will go through for the next month or so.  Each member has 5 votes and you can change your mind if you so desire.

If you want more info on any option, have a look here (the order of the voting options is pretty much the same order the GB ideas were posted) or simply ask.

ysi_maniac:
"Wrecks, derelicts, and ready for the scrap heap" GB refers to the subject of the model or can also be considered as a junkyard model done with old  and vile models?
Perhaps that last possibility fits better with Rebuilt/Reuse/Recycle GB ???

GTX_Admin:

--- Quote from: ysi_maniac on November 08, 2015, 02:19:39 AM ---"Wrecks, derelicts, and ready for the scrap heap" GB refers to the subject of the model or can also be considered as a junkyard model done with old  and vile models?

--- End quote ---

I took them as two different ideas:

* "Wrecks, derelicts, and ready for the scrap heap"  - Anything that is used, abused, and left to rust away.
* "rebuilt/Reuse/Recycle"  - taking a built kit and refurbing it into something else or modifying it?
I can see how you might think they are the same though.  I will take that into consideration in the final tally.

There are a couple others there too that might have some overlap.

One point:  Folks, they to think of options that allow maximum participation for all members including physical modellers as well as profilers etc.

taiidantomcat:

--- Quote from: ysi_maniac on November 08, 2015, 02:19:39 AM ---"Wrecks, derelicts, and ready for the scrap heap" GB refers to the subject of the model or can also be considered as a junkyard model done with old  and vile models?

--- End quote ---

I proposed the  Rebuilt/Reuse/Recycle GB with the idea that it would be using already built model kits redone into something else, theme wide open. I believe the wrecks is an actual theme wherin a model is built with the idea of making it look like a wreck.  :)

Hope that clarifies.  ;)

Tophe:

--- Quote from: GTX_Admin on November 08, 2015, 03:08:34 AM ---There are a couple others there too that might have some overlap.

--- End quote ---
"Let's get racing" GB and "Speed GB" seem rather close, and might be No.1 if single choice, while making one vote free for something else if you have voted for both, liking the idea of a speed racer. No? (That's not important, I like this poll and many of those GB projects)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version