Notices > Forum Notices

thank you//could be better/well done (good)/outstanding

<< < (4/4)

kitnut617:

--- Quote from: Weaver on December 07, 2013, 08:49:46 PM ---However, I really don't like these sort of karma/poularity features. They speak to me of social networking sites (which I loathe) where "popularity" or "freinds" become no more than points scored in a form of game, completely divorced from the real meaning of those words.

--- End quote ---

I think Harold has hit it on the head here, my ad version to these social networking sites probably influences my remarks

GTX_Admin:
Folks,

This is one of the reasons why, as Jon has pointed out already, we do not track post counts, we don't use karma features, no status titles etc. This was one of the things we discussed when setting up the forum and it was roundly agreed that it was better off without them.  We don't care whether you post a million times or only ten.  What we do care about is that you do what suits you and that you enjoy yourself.

Now, unfortunately we have not been able to eliminate post counts altogether.  There are some areas they still show up.  We are trying though...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version