Notices > Forum Notices

thank you//could be better/well done (good)/outstanding

(1/4) > >>

MaxHeadroom:
Dear friends!

How about extending the forum-posts by some buttons?

On the next pic you can see, how our german fellow-board "Der Militärmodellbauer" (www.dmmb.org) manages, to encourage it's members to take part on the board's life on the one hand and to minimize server-space on the other hand:

I think, these buttons are a cheap opportunity to give to the members who have written a post a re-registration of those members who are too "lazy" to push the reply-button and to give a coment.
The costs to keep a board alive by paying for server-space aren't low -I know, what I'm talking about- and pushing a button and see who has pushed needs much minor server-space, than a common reply, no matter if the reply is only of one word, an average reply or of a complete novel.

What do YOU think about?

Max

Now you need some buttons to give a comment!  ;D

Old Wombat:
Just curious, coz I'm a computer dunce, how do they display on the posts/thread? ???

:)

Guy

ChernayaAkula:
^ Yeah, that'd be interesting to know.  :)

--- Quote from: MaxHeadroom on December 06, 2013, 02:44:08 AM ---<...>
Now you need some buttons to give a comment!  ;D

--- End quote ---

Nah, the "REPLY" and "QUOTE" buttons are all I need.  ;)
Seriously, if you need a specialized button because you can't be bothered to hit the reply button and type up a short reply along the lines of "That's awesome!" or "I like that", maybe a discussion board just isn't your thing.
The most I could see is a "Thanks" button. Then again, if you asked for something and somebody took the time to answer you, you should have the decency to honour that by replying with a proper "thank you" instead of just hitting some button.
And as for that button reading "verbesserungswürdig" (German for "in need of improvement"), just... wow.  :o If you feel the need to tell someone their model is "in need of improvement" (which on its own is rather cheeky, as it isn't your model) without offering even the least bit of advice, encouragement or helpful critique (after all, you just pressed a button stating the model isn't as good as you think it should be), then you really shouldn't be on a discussion board.

Maybe this came across as pretty harsh, but I'm really not convinced this is a good idea. If people feel the need to press "like" buttons that mean just about all or nothing, there's always Facebook.

kitnut617:
I find 'buttons' like that are very impersonal,  it's no better than hearing an automated voice on the phone.  Replying to someone's post with some actual words is much more gratifying, not only to receive but to give too ----

Two Thumbs Down on this idea ---

PR19_Kit:
I can't imagine how anyone could have enough nerve to suggest that someone else's efforts 'could do with improvement'. That's setting themselves up for a gratuitous flame war at the very least, and a punch in the mouth at worst!

Best to keep quiet and go find somewhere else to be so arrogant perhaps.........

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version