Author Topic: Canadian Leopard C2 MEXAS  (Read 2240 times)

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
Re: Canadian Leopard C2 MEXAS
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2024, 01:14:05 AM »
Always appreciate your work on all things Leopard and Marder.  So many interesting variations to share.
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2024, 03:59:30 PM »
Always appreciate your work on all things Leopard and Marder.  So many interesting variations to share.

Same. Some excellent works are displayed here! :smiley:
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Story

• Nicht mein Zirkus, nicht meine Affen...
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2024, 07:51:20 PM »
Follow me on this.

The Canadians sent the Mexas to Afghanistan in 2006.

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/dnd-mdn/army/lineofsight/articleimages/2021/10/D12-11-10-4E-p5-25.pdf

This story takes place in 2007, the infantry grunt narrator identifed the armor unit as 1) British and 2) equipped with Challengers but since the British didn't send Challengers to Afghanistan and the Mexas has the L7 (as mentioned in the story) I think we know who the real culprits were.  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o8OFJyutZg

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2024, 08:27:55 PM »
Without going through it again (No, I don't like the Venga Boys, either) they seemed to go by the callsign "Leopard"/"Leopard 2", which may also be a bit of a hint as to what popped around the corner. ;)
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Story

• Nicht mein Zirkus, nicht meine Affen...
« Reply #29 on: Today at 12:47:30 AM »
Without going through it again (No, I don't like the Venga Boys, either) they seemed to go by the callsign "Leopard"/"Leopard 2", which may also be a bit of a hint as to what popped around the corner. ;)

There is that, but I didn't want to be Captain Obvious again