Author Topic: Great for Whiffing, even if mine is standard - Zvezda Mig-29SMT  (Read 1251 times)

Offline Faust

• The man from the Sprue Lagoon...a natural here!
    • The Sprue Lagoon
Great for Whiffing, even if mine is standard - Zvezda Mig-29SMT
« on: February 25, 2021, 10:07:51 AM »
Some kits are a lot more work than you think they’re going to be. Sometimes, it turns out to be worth it, and other times it turns into a bloody nightmare you can’t wait to be done. Then, just once in a while, both happen, and a nightmarish kit turns out okay in the end.

A perfect example of that is the 1/72 Zvezda Mig-29SMT. It’s a beautifully detailed kit, but it’s shockingly overengineered, and like Dio says in “The Devil Cried”, it’s not “smart, just clever”. It fought me almost from the get-go, but I will say that, now that it’s done, it does look pretty darned good.

Is it worth the struggle? I’d say yeah, but you can check it out and let me know what you think!

While mine is built stock in Russian paint, there is a lot of potential for whiffing this thing, including navalizing and adapting a two-seat nose (goodness, wouldn't that be hot!), so I thought I'd post it here and maybe inspire somebody!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/zvezda-1-72-mig-29-smt/