Author Topic: Combat Kits  (Read 2758 times)

Offline The Big Gimper

• Any model will look better in RCAF, SEAC or FAA markings
  • Global Moderator
  • Cut. Cut. Cut. Measure. Cut. Cut. Crap. Toss.
    • Photobucket Modeling Album
Combat Kits
« on: October 20, 2016, 05:55:56 AM »
Due for release and Scale Modelworld next month and available exclusively from Freightdog Models.

Combat Kits first complete resin model of the BAe 146-100 in 1/72. Mastered in the UK by Alan Southcombe, superbly cast by CMR with two RAF laser printed decal options drawn by Ray Charles at Airdecal. Includes clear resin transparencies and strengthened resin u/c parts. ECM pods not shown in profiles are also included. This is a limited initial production run of twenty five kits only for the show, retail price has been set at £130 at the show, or at special pre-order price of £120.

To pre-order this kit please email me at freightdog@btopenworld.com or message via this page, payment can be made in full at the show or in advance via PayPal, no deposit required. This kit will be available exclusively from my new website later in November.

And ...

Carl Wimmi: Very nice Colin. When we will see general availability?

Freightdog Models: Hi Carl, if we have any left from the show it will be listed on my website around 15th November, if we sell out we should get a second batch by early December. I forgot to mention it also has PE parts for open airbrake option, a detailed cockpit and clear resin cabin windows (but no cabin interior).
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 06:15:53 AM by The Big Gimper »
Work in progress ::

I am giving up listing them. They all end up on the shelf of procrastination anyways.

User and abuser of Bothans...

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • Holding Pattern
  • I'd rather be dirtbike riding...
Re: Combat Kits
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 08:46:54 AM »
And Welsh Models have just released theirs.

Out of interest, there's an outfit who operates a real one out of YYC, I see it almost everyday. Plus there's another in the 'bone-yard'.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 08:48:29 AM by kitnut617 »

Offline kim margosein

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 08:26:04 AM »
I have my doubts about anything drawn by Ray Charles. >:D

Offline The Big Gimper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 05:43:13 AM »
I heard it on the grapevine!

Telford release: 1/72 Avro Lancastrian Nene testbed conversion (for Airfix Lancaster). You get all the parts needed to convert than Lancaster to the Lancastrian (nose, tail, rudders etc), plus the wing mounted engines. A standard Lancastrian transport will follow which will be cheaper as the larger parts in this set are the jet engines.  Around £25.

BAE Mantis UAV. Around £25.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 05:47:52 AM by The Big Gimper »

I am giving up listing them. They all end up on the shelf of procrastination anyways.

Offline The Big Gimper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2022, 05:18:26 AM »
Taken from a Facebook post on the Vacuform/Resin Kit Builders group.

A member posted that he just bought this kit:

Then Colin Stachan of Freightdog models replied:

This is the original issue, the new owner of Magna, Combat Kits have remastered it, but price is quite a lot more. Currently out of production but due for a new run in November (cast by CMR) hopefully in time for Scale Modelworld at Telford.

Note Sanger did one in vacuform.

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2022, 06:17:22 AM »
I love Beverley .... but 1/72 may be a bit small for my skill level .... I'll wait for the 1/32nd kit to come out :D

or maybe not.