Author Topic: Finnish Ilmavoimat Blackhawk enta jos build ...  (Read 2492 times)

Offline tsrjoe

• Has been volunteered... for something...
Finnish Ilmavoimat Blackhawk enta jos build ...
« on: May 12, 2012, 07:11:25 PM »
Just picked up at a much reduced price the Academy 1/35 HH.60 Blackhawk CSAR. helicopter at a local hobby store, a big box and a big model too, as far as i can see so far should be a straightforward build, just the addition of seat straps and a going over with a rivetter methinks to add some surface texture

hmm as to a suitable scheme, from the box was tempting especially after seeing a few online builds of the kit, another thought i had was to complete it as one of the Swedish examples in overall olive, a tad boring tho, hmm, having read that the Finnish Patria company is to provide maintainance for the Swedish helicopter fleet i then mused how a possible Ilmavoimat example may look ?

http://www.sikorsky.com/StaticFiles/Sikorsky/Assets/images/News/UH-60M_Sweden.jpg
http://www.helihub.com/2012/01/20/patria-to-supply-wide-ranging-helicopter-services-to-swedish-armed-forces/

having considered the 2 green and black scheme currently used on the NH.90 Caiman helicopters (neatly visualised by John Lacey 'maverick' in 2010) to bring it right up to date iv decided to complete it in a 'sandpit' scheme for NATO. ISAF. operations in Afganistan (or Iran!)
hmm i'll have to pick up a 35th Apache D to build in the same scheme now methinks !

Heres hoping John will have time in the future to possibly illustrate the type in a suitable desert scheme  ;)

build pics to follow, cheers, Joe

« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 08:33:25 PM by tsrjoe »

Offline ChrisF

• Doesn't mind rough when he knows its gonna be rough...
  • Ham-fisted? Maybe. Master modeller? Definitely!
Re: Finnish Ilmavoimat Blackhawk enta jos build ...
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 09:30:36 PM »
Good stuff joe bring it on.. :)

Offline Maverick

• Suffers from 'Fat Fingers' and accidentally locks his own thread...
  • Holding Pattern
  • The profile machine!
    • My Photobucket Thread
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 10:54:25 PM »
Looking forward to this one.  I built the 35th scale Pave Hawk from Academy and it's a cracker of a kit.

Regards,

John
Regards,

John

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 11:50:31 AM »
So does it come with the plain exhaust or the IR-suppressed exhaust?  The guts of the latter get quite interesting.  Of course, if it was new delivery since late 2009, you coul have the upturned exhaust (if you need, I think I remember enough to still draw up some decent sketches of that).

Offline tsrjoe

• Has been volunteered... for something...
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 04:05:53 AM »
tsk tsk, iv stil got the Academy Blackhawk and Kangnam Apache sitting built awiting paint (both big buggers hence sidelined for other builds !)

having managed to finish off a couple of Italeri Apaches in overall 'sand' with small Finnish roundels to go with my Anigrand C.17 in Ilmavoimat markings, iv just made a start on a 1/72 Blackhawk too with the intention of completing it in a similar scheme, something different for the shelves  8)

cheers, Joe