Author Topic: WTB/WTT: 1/35th URDAN cupola for the Patton series  (Read 1625 times)

Offline Story

• Nicht mein Zirkus, nicht meine Affen...
WTB/WTT: 1/35th URDAN cupola for the Patton series
« on: September 16, 2022, 08:19:15 PM »
Like what this Tank Commander is hanging out in.

I think maybe ESCI made a version as well?

Offline Kerick

• Reportedly finished with a stripper...
Re: WTB/WTT: 1/35th URDAN cupola for the Patton series
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2022, 12:27:23 AM »
I might have one. Let me dig around. I’m in Chicago USA territory.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2022, 01:00:52 AM »
I happen to have 3 x DEF Model resin Urdan cupolas .... but I live in the Wide Brown (& currently bloody wet & cold) Great Southern Land.

Still, I may be able to spare one. ;)
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Story

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2022, 11:15:14 AM »
Thanks, Gentlemen.

This is to complete a retro mostly-TAMIYA M48A5 package for a buddy who TC'd them ages ago so save the good stuff for more deserving projects.
http://beyondthesprues.com/Forum/index.php?topic=248.msg181169#msg181169

Kerick, I'll PM ya.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 07:06:01 PM by Story »

Offline Story

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2022, 07:24:48 AM »
Still searching.

Thanks for looking, Kerick

Offline Kerick

• Reportedly finished with a stripper...
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2022, 08:05:58 AM »
Still searching.

Thanks for looking, Kerick

No prob.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2022, 04:55:25 PM »
That's the one I have three of. ;)

If you don't mind waiting for something to come from Oz, I can get one to you. ???
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Story

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2022, 08:53:25 AM »

If you don't mind waiting for something to come from Oz, I can get one to you. ???

Dude, that'll cost thousands of lives and millions of dollars. There's got to be a piece of scrap around here somewhere, right under my nose.

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2022, 03:42:23 PM »

Dude, that'll cost thousands of lives and millions of dollars. There's got to be a piece of scrap around here somewhere, right under my nose.

Well, when you get desperate enough, let me know. ;) :smiley:

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2022, 11:22:20 PM »
@Story - In stock at Andy's Hobby Headquarters and a little closer to home for you.  Link: 1/35 Def Model (DM35074) 1/35th scale - IDF Urdan Cupola set
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Story

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2022, 12:12:47 AM »
@Story - In stock at Andy's Hobby Headquarters and a little closer to home for you.  Link: 1/35 Def Model (DM35074) 1/35th scale - IDF Urdan Cupola set

The resin kit I've used for illustrative purposes, but I still think anything other than the ESCI/ERTL/TAMIYA parts would be "lipstick on a pig"

Also, you have mail.

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2022, 06:57:23 AM »
actually I did find that the Esci item (with a little modification) does represent an actual version - these cupolas were made more than one factory.

You just need to round off the lower edge of the cupola (above the flat base) with a file.