Author Topic: LF some 1/72 Skyraider props  (Read 1132 times)

Offline Kerick

• Reportedly finished with a stripper...
LF some 1/72 Skyraider props
« on: July 07, 2022, 01:26:09 PM »
I'm looking for a couple of 1/72nd Skyraider props. Monogram if possible but not picky. I'm in the Chicago area, USA so overseas postage would be probably expensive. No rush either.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
Re: LF some 1/72 Skyraider props
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2022, 01:35:03 PM »
A possible solution to your Skyraider propeller issue might be to consider the propellers from one of the many F4U Corsair kits as that propeller (even though it has a spinner/hub) is roughly the same diameter as the propeller used on the Skyraider.  Another possible donor kit might be a 1/72nd scale B-29, C-97, B-50 (the Academy kits).  While that propeller is a bit larger in diameter, you can trim it down to the size you need.   
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Kerick

• Reportedly finished with a stripper...
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2022, 12:28:25 AM »
Sounds like a great idea. I’ll look into that. It’s going to be a whiff of course something creative will be required anyway.
I do have some C-130 props so that would be different!
Thanks
« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 12:48:37 AM by Kerick »

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2022, 02:25:39 AM »
Sounds like a great idea. I’ll look into that. It’s going to be a whiff of course something creative will be required anyway. I do have some C-130 props so that would be different!
Thanks
Always happy to recommend. 

The C-130 propellers might be just the ticket since they have a nice prop boss/spinner which always makes things like they will go faster or so I hear.  The three-blade Curtiss Electric propeller from the early C-130A/AC-130A would be an excellent choice if you have those available. 

Another possible candidate for propeller sourcing is the C-119/AC-119 (Italeri/Testors') kit. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline kim margosein

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2022, 12:04:14 PM »
And, the Academy kits won't go to waste.  IIRC, they come with Hamilton Standard and Curtiss props.

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • Holding Pattern
  • I'd rather be dirtbike riding...
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2022, 09:46:49 PM »
Kerick, I don't want to get your hopes up, but I think I have some Aeroclub replacement Skyraider props. Let me dig around in the stash ---

Offline The Big Gimper

• Any model will look better in RCAF, SEAC or FAA markings
  • Global Moderator
  • Cut. Cut. Cut. Measure. Cut. Cut. Crap. Toss.
    • Photobucket Modeling Album
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2022, 01:12:38 AM »
I might a few have that I can part with as well.

Let me know if you need more than the 100's you have already been offered.  ;)
Work in progress ::

I am giving up listing them. They all end up on the shelf of procrastination anyways.

User and abuser of Bothans...

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • Holding Pattern
  • I'd rather be dirtbike riding...
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2022, 04:20:49 AM »
Kerick, I don't want to get your hopes up, but I think I have some Aeroclub replacement Skyraider props. Let me dig around in the stash ---

Yep! found two Aeroclub Skyraider props --- PM me a snail mail addy and you can have them for the postage cost.