Author Topic: What-If 72nd Scale DC-9 Clandestine Cargo Aircraft WIP  (Read 2401 times)

Online Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
Re: What-If 72nd Scale DC-9 Clandestine Cargo Aircraft WIP
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2023, 05:17:46 AM »
Unlike the typical Vacu-Form this model has some weight to it.  It can take a beating as I discovered when I lost my grip on it and watched it plunge to the floor and bounce.  There was a moment where I was kind of hoping to see it shatter but it rebounded like nothing happened. 

@Graeme/Gingie - I had considered swapping out the kit engines with some 1/48th scale units from an A-10 Thunderbolt II but that did not look as practical as I had hoped and losing the thrust-reverser feature would have meant coming up with something to replace that feature.  So I stuck with the original engines and added the B-57 Canberra air-scoop feature. 
The counter-measures package is cobbled together from some ECM bumps from the Monogram A/F-18 Hornet and some unknown wedge-shaped square things attached to the underside of the wings at each tip and on top and bottom of the fuselage near the cockpit.  The wedge-shaped square things would house the chaff and flares for a last-ditch attempt in dodging AAA or SAM activity while ingress and egress from the delivery location. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg