« Last post by Frank3k on Yesterday at 11:44:34 PM »
His Lunar Unicycle looks buildable:

Estes made a flying model rocket from his Mars Snooper:

Scifi and Fantasy / Space fighter whatsit
« Last post by smeds on Yesterday at 11:34:28 PM »
Just something I rustled up.

Land / Re: Russians-in-Ukraine T-series Shed Tank build pics
« Last post by Frank3k on Yesterday at 11:28:41 PM »
If you watch videos of these things in "action", the gun is limited to about the same range of travel as a SPG. Visibility is also very poor; FPG drones can get past the cope cages and the metal does a great job at reflecting the blast forces back towards the tank. Sadly, the shielding greatly reduces or eliminates turret throw events, so these tanks don't qualify for that competition.
SciFi & Fantasy / Re: Odd sci-fi
« Last post by Dr. YoKai on Yesterday at 11:25:33 PM »
Francis Tinsley was an artist/illustrator, including during WWI

And a frequent illustrator at Mechanics Illustrated, the Popular Science/Popular Mechanics of it day. I recall he also illustrated "Why don't we build Flying Rams?" and "Why don't we build Underwater Tanks." (A youtuber who goes by 'Cone of Arc' does a neat short video on the latter.)
A simple conversion I might give a go

FV101 CVR(T) L23A1 76mm Scorpion turret with TOW double launcher.
Evidently it didn't get any sales
Land / Re: Leopard 1 and Leopard 2 Tanks
« Last post by Old Wombat on Yesterday at 08:22:42 PM »
OK, maybe I'm a bit slow on the uptake, but why are they putting the Skyranger 35 turrets on Leo 2 hulls, which are still effective front-line units, instead of on Leo 1 hulls, which are, if not obsolete, becoming more of a second tier vehicle, because they're surely capable of taking the turret (as it's a noted option)?

Unless their manufacture of hulls is out-pacing their manufacture of MBT turrets?

Or the Skyrangers are expected to be on the front line with the MBTs?

Because, although drones are a new obstacle for AFVs, MBTs are still essential in forcing a decisive action (either offensive or defensive) on the modern battlefield, as shown in Ukraine, & it would be stupid to limit production of your front-line MBTs to provide support vehicles.
Land / Re: Russians-in-Ukraine T-series Shed Tank build pics
« Last post by Old Wombat on Yesterday at 08:06:22 PM »
When you slap that much armour over it, where is the point you stop calling it a "tank" & start calling it an "SPG"?

And, beyond that, when do you stop calling it an "SPG" & start calling it a "bunker"?

??? ???
Tips, Tools & Techniques / Re: Igmar_TV-ScaleModels
« Last post by Igmar on Yesterday at 03:18:11 PM »
Greetings, colleagues.
In continuation of birch tree assembly we will form the crown of the tree from the blanks that we prepared in the first part. Assembly will be done with a soldering iron.
Come to this channel, watch the video, put a like and subscribe.
Thank you.

You can select subtitles in the following languages: Arabic, Irish Portuguese, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, English, Finnish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Chinese (China, Singapore, Taiwan, Hong Kong), Norwegian, Polish, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Turkish, Swedish and Serbian.

https://youtu.be/WmfFZGAZuEY
« Last post by Frank3k on Yesterday at 11:45:35 AM »
Francis Tinsley was an artist/illustrator, including during WWI
« Last post by Kerick on Yesterday at 11:09:27 AM »
Second reaction: "I bet babies make terrible tank crew."

Don't give the Russians ideas...

The original drawing is from 1952, by Frank Tinsley.

He also had this contraption:

I wonder if good old Frank had a job in the defense industry. I hope not……
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10