Author Topic: Another 1/35 dio base  (Read 4442 times)

Offline Ramba

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
Another 1/35 dio base
« on: October 04, 2019, 04:02:20 AM »
Took a break from the cherry blossom dio base. I started yet another base but not sure what is going on this one just yet. This is the Alliance Model Works Small European Ruin base.

I already have a few different bases with cobblestones on them so decided to do this one a little different.  I dabbed on some Vallejo mud over the cobblestones and while still wet, I dabbed on some MiG sand pigment so the pigment sticks to the mud and dries the sand color. I did a little section by section so the mud didn't dry too quickly for the sand pigment to stick.

Here is the dio base completed. I really hate doing the rubble, so many different things to paint. Even though the rubble was covered in a layer of sand and dirt pigments, you still see the different colors of the rubble so a lot of painstakingly detail painting is required.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
Re: Another 1/35 dio base
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2019, 07:31:15 AM »
You have a real talent for these bases, my friend, a real talent! :icon_alabanza:
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2019, 10:14:11 AM »
You have a real talent for these bases, my friend, a real talent! :icon_alabanza:
Most definitely!!  :icon_alabanza:

Offline Ramba

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 07:02:38 AM »
Most definitely!!  :icon_alabanza:

Thanks!

Offline Ramba

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2019, 05:40:44 AM »
Meng 1/35 ZU-23-2 AA gun added. The gun still needs painting. I also added some grass patches. Sort of going to be a Syrian regime scene, it might not be 100% accurate but I am known for that hahaha! I will also add some Russian advisor figures and a Syrian government alliance figure but not sure which ones just yet.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2019, 01:27:48 PM »
 :smiley:
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Ramba

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2020, 04:36:43 AM »
Finally finished this dio base. The figures are supposed to be DEVGRU. The two on the left were finished a couple weeks ago but the third one on the right was just finished today.

Offline apophenia

• Perversely enjoys removing backgrounds.
  • Patterns? What patterns?
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2020, 04:54:56 AM »
Very nice! Your pigmented Vallejo mud effect is excellent  :smiley:

Also good to see that SEAL Team Six is practicing social distancing and wearing face masks  ;D
Froglord: "... amphibious doom descends ... approach the alter and swear your allegiance to the swamp."

Offline Ramba

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2020, 10:04:45 AM »
Very nice! Your pigmented Vallejo mud effect is excellent  :smiley:

Also good to see that SEAL Team Six is practicing social distancing and wearing face masks  ;D

Thank you! Yes, they are wearing PPE masks and practicing social distancing. Not quite 6 feet apart though.

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2020, 11:07:01 AM »
1.5m in Australia, so they're doing fine by us! ;)

Fantastic base, Ramba! The figures are great, too! Really very well done! :icon_alabanza: :icon_alabanza:

Offline Ramba

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2020, 08:43:36 PM »
1.5m in Australia, so they're doing fine by us! ;)

Fantastic base, Ramba! The figures are great, too! Really very well done! :icon_alabanza: :icon_alabanza:

Thank you! The camo decals make getting the figures done so much easier. I have a lot of 1/35 figures in the stash begging to get done and hope I have enough camo decals to do them all. I need more dio bases to pose the figures on. I will have to have to scratch build some.