Author Topic: OKB Grigorov  (Read 3036 times)

madoc

OKB Grigorov
« on: March 27, 2012, 02:03:33 PM »
I just stumbled across this guy's stuff when I discovered he was selling on eBay as well.

http://okbgrigorov.com/

What caught my attention was his kitting of an "Object 279" in 72nd scale!  This, for only 45 Euros!  I never imagined anyone would kit that wonderfully odd bit of Soviet armored madness but, by the power of Greyskull, here it is.  I've no idea as to the quality of the moulding as I've only just discovered this on the Web.  But, ya gotta give the guy his props for daring to make a rendering of so... esoteric.. a subject.

He's also rendered a resin and photo-etch Fort Drum in 1/700th.  "Cage" masts included!

Madoc

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
Re: OKB Grigorov
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2022, 01:40:25 AM »
I wish this was in 1/35:

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Gingie

• The LAV sausage-maker…goes nice with a home made beer I understand
  • Has been to Tatooine...
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2022, 12:02:42 AM »
Looks to be a 3D print - might just be a matter of asking him to scale it up 2x?

But hate to be the one that points out the lower front hull angle does not extend up far enough.

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
  • Formerly Frank2056. New upgrade!
    • My new webpage
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2022, 08:23:55 AM »
Gingie - I don't think it's 3D printed; it looks like resin casting.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2022, 08:28:30 AM »
But hate to be the one that points out the lower front hull angle does not extend up far enough.

If you look closely enough, Gingie, I think you'll find that the upper part of the front plate (above the level of the tracks) is part of the upper hull section.

And, yes, resin casting - 'though that isn't to say that the masters weren't, possibly, 3D printed.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 08:30:58 AM by Old Wombat »
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."