Author Topic: 'English Pliers' or just a fancy name for a Clamp? :)  (Read 3132 times)

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
'English Pliers' or just a fancy name for a Clamp? :)
« on: July 04, 2017, 09:44:01 AM »
While I was at the Sportsman's Warehouse I found a neat little clamp-like tool for fishing enthusiasts called an 'English Plier' that is small enough to not get in the way while you are trying to hold a small part in the spring loaded grips.  Price was around $3.00 and certainly a lot cheaper than some of the branded tools you find in the hobby shops and e-stores.  It does hold things fast as I tried it out as soon as I returned home. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
Re: 'English Pliers' or just a fancy name for a Clamp? :)
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 10:26:46 PM »
No idea, but it looks like a very small version of some medical clamps.
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
Re: 'English Pliers' or just a fancy name for a Clamp? :)
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 12:44:37 AM »
Pretty much a spring-loaded hemostat kind of thing without the scissors like handle features and locking features.  Small, handy, able to hold tiny things and certainly useful for a decent price. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline jcf

• Global Moderator
  • Turn that Gila-copter down!
“Conspiracy theory’s got to be simple.
Sense doesn’t come into it. People are
more scared of how complicated shit
actually is than they ever are about
whatever’s supposed to be behind the
conspiracy.”
-The Peripheral, William Gibson 2014