Author Topic: Personal Concepts  (Read 4355 times)

Offline zzshogunate

• Under the blades.
Personal Concepts
« on: July 09, 2019, 10:12:55 PM »
Just a place where I can release my inner creativity.

Here I did a quick design of a sort of stealth fighter-y type aircraft. Nothing too complex or too detailed, took about 15 hours or so. There is still some clear hiccups with the uv map, but honestly, I've messed with so many uv's that I couldn't be bothered.

Enjoy,
Shogun

Offline Kerick

• Reportedly finished with a stripper...
Re: Personal Concepts
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 10:23:15 PM »
Very interesting! Thanks for sharing this. Welcome aboard the madhouse!

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 12:48:02 AM »
Welcome aboard the BTS forums!  Definitely an excellent introduction and I hope we will see more in the future. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2019, 02:48:42 AM »
I like.  Might need to do something about those intakes/exhausts though to ensure the stealth qualities.
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline zzshogunate

• Under the blades.
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2019, 04:43:37 AM »
Such as? I’d love to hear some improvements as I work on cleaning up the first variant! My knowledge of stealth tech and engineering is limited in my comparison of traditional aircraft knowledge. Currently I’ve placed the nozzles inside a cowling where the nozzle can expand and contract like the F-15’s Pratt and Whitney FW-100.

Shogun
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 04:48:48 AM by zzshogunate »

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2019, 09:22:36 AM »
Cowling could also provide a reduced envelope for IR-signature acquisition but I'm not sure that's worth the enhancement they appear to provide to the radar signature from the aft hemisphere.  Nozzle should be a shiny black metallic to mimic the look of some of the high-temperature low-observables finishes out there and should be serrated like the F-35's nozzle or the LOAN nozzle tested on a F-16.

Too, the join between the engine nacelles and the fuselage looks, as best I can tell, to provide plenty of corners to reflect radar beams in the lower front quadrant.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 09:25:45 AM by elmayerle »

Offline zzshogunate

• Under the blades.
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2019, 08:17:47 PM »
An updated render of the new engine pods I made. Still some detail work to do with the nozzles.

Shogun

Offline zzshogunate

• Under the blades.
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2019, 09:03:41 PM »
Update: I've designated this bird as the YF-25, Let me know if anyone has any suggestions for a call sign. Reworked the engines and exhaust, still has a cowling, but making better versions is part of the fun of this for me ;). Next version we will see radar traps like the intakes removed and integrated into the fuselage. As I said maybe scrap the cowling idea, most likely rigging the model itself, better renders, more sensible features, etc. Stay tuned!

Enjoy,
Shogun

Offline apophenia

• Perversely enjoys removing backgrounds.
  • Patterns? What patterns?
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2019, 04:26:54 AM »
Looking good ... and love the 'YF' tail codes  :smiley:
Froglord: "... amphibious doom descends ... approach the alter and swear your allegiance to the swamp."

Offline zzshogunate

• Under the blades.
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2019, 07:11:03 PM »
Hello All! Had some art to share, I'm currently working on a mod for Hearts of Iron 4 in my spare time and part of that is making new(sorta) plane mashups and profiles and everything I love to do. So here I have an early Heinkel, though I'm unsure of the designation, and I gave it some decent upgrades(or so I think) to make it realistic for a 1936 start for those that know the game that I speak of. I think you'll enjoy the side by side comparison!

Enjoy,
Shogun

Offline apophenia

• Perversely enjoys removing backgrounds.
  • Patterns? What patterns?
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2019, 02:29:52 AM »
Don't know the game but like your Gotha upgrade  :smiley:
Froglord: "... amphibious doom descends ... approach the alter and swear your allegiance to the swamp."

Offline zzshogunate

• Under the blades.
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2019, 02:34:10 AM »
Do you know what designation? I feel silly now calling it a Heinkel but that’s what you get for not doing enough research lol.

Offline zzshogunate

• Under the blades.
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2019, 07:10:28 PM »
Hello! I'm back fellas. Been chilling for a while here in japan and i finally finished up my concept for the newer and improveder version of the yf-25. I think its pretty cool. Tried to get rid of the radar traps and improved the engine pods i believe. The model is not as high quality as i usually produce but i think I'd rather die than do more U.V. mapping. Tell me what you think. Most likely my last iteration good or bad. Next project will be modelling out the Nord 1500 Griffon II. If you don't know what that is it would behoove oneself to check it out.

Enjoy,
Shogun