Modelling > Swords to Plowshares GB

Soviet Railway Crash-Recovery Vehicle.

(1/6) > >>

raafif:
You'll have to wait a bit while I finish off a previous model.  But what will this one be ??

Russia was quite adept at modifying obsolete armour to other civil purposes, the Czech Republic has continued this idea of modernising old vehicles too.

raafif:
Another older model that I never got past playing with the basic idea.
I started with a wrecked Tamiya T-62 kit & turned the hull around so the drive sprockets were now at the front.  I chopped the upper-hull up, putting the driving compartment back at the “front”.  In the center of the hull the former engine-access hatches are now two hatches for crew.

This left a large vacant area at the rear (plated over with plasti-card) for something else.  Small gaps were filled with Plastruct ladder bits as engine air inlet-ports either side of the rear hot-air grill.  The usual tank parts were added to the fenders along with bins from other wrecked tank models.
A base coat of lemon yellow & 3 coats of RAF Trainer Yellow is still not enough “solidarity” of colour.  However I think some grubby weathering will complete it as crews didn’t care about the vehicle’s looks.
The wheels are from an old Lindberg T-55 kit as they are simpler than other brands & seem right for a civil version.  This leaves the better Tamiya wheels (still quite simple compared to the real ones) for another conversion.

Jeffry Fontaine:
Nice work so far on your modified T-62 hull.  Swapping ends to get front-drive sprockets definitely makes for an interesting vehicle.  :smiley:

Frank3k:
That looks good! I wanted to convert my wrecked Tamiya T-62 kit into a civilian "bus"

Where's the engine in yours?

Buzzbomb:
Like the idea.

Looks to be nice idea space for the T-62 I have that has seen better days.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version