Current and Finished Projects > Profiles and Pixels

A little help...?

(1/3) > >>

strobez:
As per Tophe's suggestion, I've started a new topic here looking for a little help.

I have a plan to build some float planes from the film Porco Rosso... including the imaginary security planes:

but I could really use something that looks like a schematic to follow.  Is that something anyone'd be interested in helping me out with?

GTX_Admin:
Not sure if this website is of any use:  http://www.wingsee.com/ghibli/porcorosso/planes.html

jcf:
The side-view of it with the wings folded and the scrap views of how they fold, give
you a good basis for both the fuselage profile and the outer wing planform.

strobez:
Thanks for the replies.  I'm sure the pics I posted will provide me enough of a reference (I also took some photos of my tv screen to get some helpful stills) to get the job done.  It's just that after I saw some of Tophe's beautiful work, i thought he might be interested in crafting a top/side/front view. That would make the eyeball measurements a fair bit easier... and we'd also have something pretty to look at.

Tophe:
I think I may try, yes, to create a 3-view from slanting views.
The only problem I have is that my trigonometric tools take as basis an "isometric" slanting view (like zoomed from great distance). If the source has a strong conical effect (like photograph from short distance, with big wing front and little wing far), I must average and this is not precise at all.
Well, I did that in the past, it is a time-consuming job, not funny. I may try sunday or the sunday after because I have another work to do for another friend (scanning a whole book).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version