Author Topic: nothing on TV so .....  (Read 5264 times)

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
nothing on TV so .....
« on: December 25, 2013, 12:58:18 PM »
just getting back into modelling now that the days aren't so cold & I can afford to open up the hobby-room for a bit (9mths of Winter & only 6weeks of Summer here).

Spent the last week whacking a Trumpy E-25 together - really crap fit but a simple kit. Just did a few minor mods so far - main ones will be a heavy mg for defence & Alt. paint, markings.

May need to get another .... see Flak vehicle .....

Spent yesterday wrecking & paint-stripping this old Italeri Hetzer I bought built-up for $1 at a flea-market years ago. Today I primed it ... will be adding steel-wheels, late-war paint & another Axis country's markings. ..... Now should I add all the side-skirts or just the front one ? .....
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 01:01:23 PM by raafif »

Offline Claymore

• It's all done with smoke and mirrors!
  • Alt Hist AFV guy with a thing for Bradley turrets
Re: nothing on TV so .....
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 04:28:54 PM »
Nice work.  Forgive me asking but which part of Oz are you from that actually claims to have a winter?

I'd go with just the front skirt - always nice to see a little of what lies behind...  ;)
Pass the razor saw, there is work to be done!

Offline Logan Hartke

• High priest in the black arts of profiling...
  • Rivet-counting whiffer
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 12:54:36 AM »
I second Claymore's comments.  The FlaK E-25 looks great and I say just the front skirt.

Cheers,

Logan

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 02:34:57 AM »
Forgive me asking but which part of Oz are you from that actually claims to have a winter?

the part the rest of us don't like to talk about - Tasmania... ;)
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Cliffy B

• Ship Whiffer Extraordinaire...master of Beyond Visual Range Modelling
  • Its ZOTT!!!
    • My Artwork
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2013, 03:19:06 AM »
I agree with Logan  8)

So what will you do to plug up the gun port in the front of the hull?  Just weld some more steel on or something else?
"Radials growl, inlines purr, jets blow!"  -Anonymous

"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."  -Tom Clancy

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."  -Anonymous

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2013, 03:21:59 AM »
Maybe something akin to this:

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2013, 07:05:27 AM »
only in the last two days has the heating not been on for 4 hours in the a.m. - historically weather patterns down here are very different to elsewhere in Oz ... as are the people :icon_crap:  Town I'm currently in has the lowest overnight winter temps (-3C) & highest summer temps (+39C) here - generally doesn't heat up till after midday.

Ok, so just the front skirt on the Hetz.  Have an idea for the E-25 skirts too ;)
The Flak would have a new front-plate with no hole - I've already done a Hetzer with the hole reduced to a slot for a vehicle mounting a SiG.33 (not a whif).

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2013, 08:30:50 AM »
This makes me think of the old saying. "I don't know art, but I know what I like".

Well, I may not know much about armor, but I sure like the look of this one, raafif!

Not only are the sloping sides good at repelling enemy fire, but they're easy on the eyes too!

Brian da Basher

Offline Claymore

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2013, 08:41:59 AM »
the part the rest of us don't like to talk about - Tasmania... ;)

only in the last two days has the heating not been on for 4 hours in the a.m. - historically weather patterns down here are very different to elsewhere in Oz ... as are the people :icon_crap:  Town I'm currently in has the lowest overnight winter temps (-3C) & highest summer temps (+39C) here - generally doesn't heat up till after midday.

Ah, alles klar. Mind you +39C in summer - we're having a good day if it gets into double figures!!  ;D

Offline Volkodav

• Counts rivits with his abacus...
  • Much older now...but procrastinating about it
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2013, 10:02:01 AM »
24oC to 34oC year round with the occasional drift as low as 22oC or as high as 38oC.  The main difference is whether its raining or not, with the occasional cyclone scare thrown in for variety.

Step daughters gone back south so I now have access to my desk again  :D

Love the 37mm AA by the way, always been a fan of the Hetzer and have an E10 I want to inter fear with at some point.  Your work has given me an idea, how does a stretched Jagdpanzer Kanone 90mm, or S Tank with a Vulcan 20mm AA sound?  AT, DFS, AA and great anti human wave capability all in one infantry support platform.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 10:06:50 AM by Volkodav »

Offline raafif

• Whiffing Insane
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2013, 12:38:12 PM »
I'm lucky as we only get one or two days with -4 or +39 each year. Today's just reached a max of 23C (3pm) & is a nice change from Queenslands 37C to 43C & 98% humidity that I remember.

For any Swedish whifs check here first  :-\ .... it's probably already been done in 1:1 scale by UDES :(
http://www.ointres.se/udes.htm

Have two other Pz-38ts that are also ˝-built so will have to decide how to finish them - one will have to be a shot-up wreck I think.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2013, 03:36:57 AM »
The temp range here (western suburbs of Brisbane) since I have been here has been -6C (~21F) to +40C (+104F).  The max temp isn't so much the problem though (have had +50C (+122F) whilst based in the desert before) but rather the humidity which often sits in the high 90's during summer…yuck!!!

Offline Claymore

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2013, 08:49:57 AM »
We're on about -20C to +25C (on a very good day) as an average here in the Highlands. Sorry, this has little to do with AFVs.  :-[