Author Topic: Pandemonium Square  (Read 3950 times)

Brother Macal

Pandemonium Square
« on: January 02, 2013, 02:48:08 AM »
Hi guys!

I'm terrible sorry, that I cannot post here as much I would like to, but unfortunetly, I hadn't got time for modelling, job change, etc,... But in the christmas / new years season I had a little time to work on some models :) Mostly, I was working on this diorama, Some of You saw it in an other topic, but I thought it won't be bad if I make a topic for this project :)

So, as Everyone can see, this is a bigger Warhammer 40K diorama I've started about two years ago, but sometimes just put on parking lane, when had no time for modeling. It was sometimes 4-5 months :( Btw, it isn't finished, so, when I got time, I will continue working on it :)

The base is relatively big, 40X50 cm. The building is also very tall, about 53 cm. It has been made a very good material, called paratex, very good to work with. It is an expanded PVC, can be bought in tables in 2-3-4-6 or 8 mm wide panels. It's very light, but also strong, ideal for buildings and other diorama stuff. Can be glued with superglue. For the walls, I used corkwood. It's been cut into bricks, and glued onto the surface of the building one-by-one. The cobblestone like texture on the street was also made on paratex table, with a sculpting tool. It toke almost 3 days to engrave it :)
For the scene I used 13 figures, most of them was converted  (the GW models always running like hell, and shouting as hard as they can, so had to collect heads w/o shouting expression, and sculpt legs and arms for simple walking / standing). I used Imperial Guard models from GW, except  the Space Marine Scout snipers, they're perfect for Imperial Guard also :) The dozers driver is a 28mm heroic scale civilian figure, I bought it on another forum, dunno it's manufacturer...

The models are scratch built, except a few parts, spare parts, and wheels I used from other kits, just as the caterpillars tracks. The dozer was inspired by the Cat D9, one of the most beautiful working machines of the world :)

« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 02:50:03 AM by Brother Macal »

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
Re: Pandemonium Square
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 03:02:28 AM »
Few things take more skill to pull off than a diorama and you've done some outstanding work on that building, Brother Macal!'

It looks almost like a double of that church just a few blocks down the road from me. I'm simply in awe of your talent!

You've got me already looking forward to your next update!

Brian da Basher

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 03:02:32 AM »
Impressive!  For me, the bulldozer is the best part of this. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Doom!

• Slayer of pixels and plastic!
  • Glad to be here!
    • Doom Island 2
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 12:02:27 AM »
Lovely detail work. The bricks look like cork.
Doom!
Jeff G.

Brother Macal

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 01:54:23 AM »
Lovely detail work. The bricks look like cork.

Thanks All! :) The bricks are made of cork :) 2 mm wide plates cut into brick size, and glued on the buildings walls.

Offline deathjester

• 'Remember - Tiredness Kills Hedgehogs...!'
  • His Mother-in-law has Tardis pockets...
    • stormfront models
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 02:07:26 AM »
Wow!!  What wonderful work - can't wait to see it all finished  :D

Offline taiidantomcat

• Plastic Origamist...and not too shabby with the painting either!
  • Stylishly late...because he was reading comics
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 03:56:43 AM »
Wow!!
"They know you can do anything, So the question is, what don't you do?"

-David Fincher