Current and Finished Projects > Profiles and Pixels

Small Brown Dog Artwork and related

(1/101) > >>

Small brown dog:
Well this is a wonderful place full of types that would not shy away from a radial Spitfire, a trimotor Mosquito and perhaps the odd flying Jagdpanther. Its not short of a great deal of drool inducement in both polystyrene and pixel form either. I have no idea how I have missed this place before but it is a welcome find.

Not sure if anyone has been to Duxford lately but there is a new engine exhibit in the Airspace building:

The Kestrel ELectric XXX was the Hawker (Hunting) Hound MK4b power unit coupled with the  legendary Aero Electric SBD-146/58 field coil spool.

I found a couple of old period adverts too:

If you go looking for this engine at Duxford you will need to hunt for it as it’s a bit like trying to locate platform 9 3/4. Duxford is also home to one of the currently airworthy Hound Mk4b's

I can give a full history of the Hound and a background history of Aero Electrical flight if anyone is interested though it might be a bit sleep inducing as I'm just a small brown dog with too much time on its paws, mucking about and re writing aviation history one aircraft at a time from a location slightly south of lost.

I work in 3D and composite in Photoshop which is just a fancy way of saying I photo bash my own 3D creations.

The Big Gimper:
Great work.

You should send your work to Elon.  ;D

Small brown dog:

--- Quote from: The Big Gimper on August 21, 2019, 08:39:59 PM ---Great work.

You should send your work to Elon.  ;D

--- End quote ---

No time to go to Mars  - there's a war on!

Old Wombat:
Give us what you got, Brother SBD! We can handle it, we're Whiffers! 8) :smiley: ;)

Small brown dog:

--- Quote from: Old Wombat on August 21, 2019, 11:23:30 PM ---Give us what you got, Brother SBD! We can handle it, we're Whiffers! 8) :smiley: ;)

--- End quote ---

Thats done it - you only have yourselves to blame now   ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version