Modelling > Invasion of Japan/Japan ‘46 GB

A De Havilland jet Bomber

(1/9) > >>

MAT:
I june 1942 the De Havilland engineers i Hatfield came up with the idea to put two jet engines under the wings of the already very fast Mosquito bomber. Imagine, that "Aeroplane A" had turned out to be a reality and put into service in the early summer of 1945.
Now in early 1946 a squadron (RAF 544 sqdr. ) of these incredible fast pathfinder bombers are operating with total immunity from one of the new bases in the allied brigdehead of Southern Kyushu preparing the way for Operation Coronet.
The model will be based on an old Airfix DH Mosquito, that have been hiding in a dark corner of my world (and mind) for years. A lot of things still have to be sorted out, but now, that I have started, the solutions will com, as I go along - I hope.
Colour scheme are still only a hazy picture flashing around in my mind, but a present it looks like it could be Medium Sea Grey / Dark Green upper surfaces and PRU Blue undersides like the Mosquito B. Mk. IV (Highball) in Australia at the end of WW2.
But we will see - its still very early in construction phase.

Robomog:
A man after my own heart,  think of an idea, shaky  research , then totally wing it.

Looking forward to this one, interesting concept

Mog
>^-.-^<

apophenia:

--- Quote from: MAT on October 02, 2020, 05:42:12 AM ---... based on an old Airfix DH Mosquito, that have been hiding in a dark corner of my world (and mind) for years...

--- End quote ---

Best place for the old Airfix kit really ... which, ironically, makes it ideal for whiffery  ;D  Looking forward to your Jet Mossie  :smiley:

elmayerle:
Some good data in the revised edition of BSP4.

GTX_Admin:
 :smiley:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version