Current and Finished Projects > Land

A few 1/35 IFV's and AFV's

<< < (202/202)

Ramba:
Spent the last three days painting the NATO camo scheme on this Dragon 1/35 M1A1HA Baghdad kit. The black primer is Krylon spray can. The masking putty is Blu-Tack. The tan parts are from Meng.

I used Tamiya NATO green, brown and black for the camo. There are some areas I need to touch up.

Jeffry Fontaine:
That NATO-flage came out looking really good. 

Old Wombat:
Ramba's Painting Season :D

This is always good viewing! 8)

Ramba:

--- Quote from: Jeffry Fontaine on May 03, 2024, 08:40:24 AM ---That NATO-flage came out looking really good.

--- End quote ---
Thanks! Doing the three colors of the NATO camo on something as big as the M1 takes a long time to mask. I have another seven M1's to do in the NATO camo scheme and a few more HMMWV's and other vehicles so lots more masking to look forward to but the HMMWV's and other vehicles are smaller so will be easier.

--- Quote from: Old Wombat on May 03, 2024, 04:42:26 PM ---Ramba's Painting Season :D

This is always good viewing! 8)

--- End quote ---
Thanks! It took three days for me to get it done. I did one color a day because of the masking. The Blu-Tack was sticking to my fingers more than the kit so it took a few hours each day just to mask. I need to do some touch ups because the putty pulled up some paint but very, very small areas. I also missed some areas because I didn't get the putty placed correctly so some areas didn't get painted correctly.

My painting season is very short this spring. The pollen is killing me and my allergies are acting up so no more painting until the pollen stops. The good thing about the Tamiya acrylics is that they are odorless so I might be able to paint in the garage until the pollen stops. There is a small window in the far corner of the garage so I should get good light in there and it can be opened so the fumes can air out. Even odorless paints still contain some Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) so you still need to have proper ventilation. I hope not a lot of pollen will come through the window though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version