Author Topic: SF and Fantasy novels we have read and could recommend.......  (Read 21805 times)

Offline Gingie

• The LAV sausage-maker…goes nice with a home made beer I understand
  • Has been to Tatooine...
Re: SF and Fantasy novels we have read and could recommend.......
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2021, 05:16:39 AM »
I keep picking up Roadside Picnic but never get a chance to really chew into it.

I'll be baching it for a few weeks, so I should be able to cross that off the list.

Offline Story

• Nicht mein Zirkus, nicht meine Affen...
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2021, 01:19:53 PM »
Does anyone have a copy of Pournelle's THERE WILL BE WAR Volumes 1 & 2?
https://www.amazon.com/There-Will-Be-War-Volumes/dp/9527065593

There's  a story in one of them that I distinctly remember reading, but for the life of me can't run it down because I can't remember the title or author.

Offline kim margosein

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2021, 11:05:03 AM »
This iskind of fuzzy, but here goes.  I forgot my Amazon password so I can't get more specific.  One called "Invasion taking place around 1980.  An alien race with technology not much more advanced than our own is fleeing their dying planet to take ours.   A second, is a multi-novel series follow up to HG Wells' War of the WOrlds.  It takes place in 1908, and is told from the point of view of both the Earthlings and the Martian invaders. It's interesting to to see things from the invaders POV.  They don't know how to deal with soft ground or open water, and wildfires are beyond their comprehension.  Also, the home office is demanding results.