Current and Finished Projects > Land

T-72 Bar' Aesifa (WIP)

(1/6) > >>

Culturby:
Hi there,

As I mentioned in the "Back Bar" subforum ( http://beyondthesprues.com/Forum/index.php?topic=2613.0 ), I'm currently working on a combination between the M247 Sgt. York turret and the T-72 hull.

The story is, that a US ally bought the 50 turrets of the M247 Sgt. York, when the project was cancelled in the mid-1980'ies. This "ally" later sold the turrets on to Syria, which combined the M247 turrets with surplus T-72 hulls. This vehicle became known as the T-72 Bar' Aesifa (Lightning Storm).

I'm thinking about making a Bar' Aesifa that was captured by FSA rebels and now used in both the surface to air and the surface to surface role.

I've got some very good suggestions from other members on this forum - but to keep things simple, I have kept the M247 turret without too many modifications.

Here is my progress so far...
The last photo is only a "mock-up", to give you an idea on how the finished project will look like. I had a spare T-72 hull from a model I buildt many moons ago, lying around.

Bjoern

GTX_Admin:
Off to a great start.

Gingie:
Sweet! I like the little Soviet touches to the turret as well.

Brian da Basher:

--- Quote from: Gingie on February 03, 2013, 05:45:35 AM ---Sweet! I like the little Soviet touches to the turret as well.

--- End quote ---

Concur! Looks like a winning combination!

Brian da Basher

Culturby:
Thanks for your nice comments  ;) Much appreciated!

Logan Hartke asked me to post some of my previous builds... So here it goes (I must warn the membership... There is NO "What-ifs" here!):

#1: 1/72 "Diorama" af AEC MkIII
#2: 1/35 Toyota BJ44
#3: 1/72 Challenger
#4: 1/48 Nieuport 17

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version