Modelling > Aero-space

F-104 Starfighter Ideas and Inspiration

<< < (2/51) > >>

GTX_Admin:
Folks,  I have renamed this thread "F-104 Ideas and Inspiration" so as to allow for broader discussions.

To start with - Delta F-104 anyone:

Regards,

Greg

elmayerle:
How about a "delta F-104" with a delta T-tail?  Alternatively, one that looks like a cross beween a F-104 and a scaled-up HA-300?

ChernayaAkula:
Missile Madness Missile-with-a-man-in-it

The missiles are the same scale as the Starfighter.

2x AIM-9 under the belly
2x AIM-9 under the outboard wing pylons
6x AIM-120 on the inboard wing pylons

I guess the triple launchers could be a set-up similar to the LAU-115 twin launcher seen on Hornets, but with a spacer and third pylon straight down. Weight shouldn't be a problem.
Since the wingtips are strong enough to hold the big tanks, I reckon you could also put another AIM-120 or two (over/under) there. In that case, though, you'd better scramble your tanker before your QRA bird.

If you use an angled pylon adapter canted outwards, you could probably use AIM-120s on the belly launchers as well. If you use the AIM-9 launchers for AIM-120s, you'd run into a space problem with the longer AIM-120. The angled pylon would allow them to sit next to the front landing gear doors.

Oh, and a single-piece windscreen for this one.  ;) 'cause it's cool.

GTX_Admin:
Italian I presume...the umpteenth upgrade?  I wonder how you would go adding in some sort of conformal fuel tank system on the upper surfaces?  Maybe also give it a more modern and fuel efficient engine.

Either way, simply outstanding! :)

elmayerle:

--- Quote from: GTX_Admin on February 19, 2012, 11:50:25 AM ---Italian I presume...the umpteenth upgrade?  I wonder how you would go adding in some sort of conformal fuel tank system on the upper surfaces?  Maybe also give it a more modern and fuel efficient engine.

Either way, simply outstanding! :)

--- End quote ---
Re-engined with either a PW1120 or a F414 and fitted with conformal fuel tanks filling out the interesection between the intakes and the fuselage?

That would be a suitable companion for the overloaded Super Tiger that Grumman played with.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version