Author Topic: ARM Poseiden of the Atlantis Air Force  (Read 3946 times)

Offline Wulf

• Does a lot of real world stuff..the deviant!!!
  • i reject your reality and substitute my own
ARM Poseiden of the Atlantis Air Force
« on: March 05, 2012, 07:13:51 AM »
done for a GB elsewhere, the theme being what if Atlantis hadnt become 'lost' but became a political and economic powerhouse

kit is Revells RAH-66 Comanche which becomes the Poseiden, after the mythical 'Father' of Atlantis

In 2004 the US Govt cancels the RAH-66 Comanche program for a variety of reasons. This of course did not please Boeing and Sikorsky who had invested considerable time and money on developing the aircraft.
But it was a window of opportunity for the Government of Atlantis who wanted to invest in producing combat aircraft of some sort, not just for its own armed forces but also for export.
They had looked into getting a license to produce an existing aircraft but didn’t think this was a worthwhile project as they would be competing with the original manufacturer.
Boeing-Sikorsky was approached and a deal was settled for an undisclosed amount of money for the rights to build the Comanche, which included all the production line equipment and initial support of B-S technicians
And thats how the Atlantis Rotary Manufacturing Ltd was founded. Further development improved on the original design and it was renamed the Poseidon. Within 2 years the production line was set up and the first aircraft being produced.
Entering service with the Atlantis Air Force they soon see combat in 2008 supporting the National Forces of El Dorado against insurgents from the well organised and Chinese supplied Muisca Liberation Army who were attempting to over throw the Government. This would see the aircraft being assessed by a variety of other countries who were looking for a cheaper but viable aircraft to the Apache or Euro Tiger

and one with the universal unit of scale comparison

« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 07:34:12 AM by beowulf »
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel!

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
Re: ARM Poseiden of the Atlantis Air Force
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 04:03:41 PM »
Nice
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline JP Vieira

• The Challenge Master!!!
    • What-If World
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 05:25:32 PM »
Very good

Offline tc2324

• Just slightly on the edge of madness......!
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 09:36:24 PM »
I don`t know how many times or how many forums I can relpy to this, but for the `Sprues` record, this is a great looking chopper. :)
Whiffing is for Life...., not just for Christmas!!!

Offline ChrisF

• Doesn't mind rough when he knows its gonna be rough...
  • Ham-fisted? Maybe. Master modeller? Definitely!
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 11:57:59 PM »
Im def liking this "Atlantis" whiff universe... and i like this chopper :D

Offline finsrin

• The Dr Frankenstein of the modelling world...when not hiding from SBA
  • Finds part glues it on, finds part glues it on....
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 09:21:29 AM »
Before RAH-66 Comanche had a number and name and its existence as a concept/project was classified, I supported it and saw design evolution. 

Is good to know Atlantis has them today.  Does Atlantis have same international standing as Switzerland?  Is it sea locked equivalent of land locked Switzerland?  No recollection of that being covered back during school days.

Bill