Author Topic: Parts Bin  (Read 16602 times)

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
Parts Bin
« on: May 29, 2012, 07:52:51 PM »
Hi folks,

An idea I thought I would try out.  I know that many of us will keep those extra bits and pieces that are left over from a kit build just in case we have a need in the future.  Some of us however do prefer to operate 'lean' and not have such bits cluttering up our work areas.  There are also probably one or two of us who can admit that they will never use something and thus are willing to finally part with it.

Therefore what I would like to propose is that we create an online 'Parts Bin'.  If you have some left over bits ( even just a single bit) that you don't want, why don't you list it here.  There might be someone out there who is looking for just that bit.  Remember the old adage "One person's trash is another's treasure!".

Any deals to swap/purchase or whatever can be arranged individually via PMs or the like.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
Re: Parts Bin
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 06:58:21 AM »
The original thread has been split apart into individual topics attributed to the originator of each as best as I can determine the individual comments have all been matched to their respective threads but if I have missed something during the process of individualizing these posts feel free to bring this to my attention or to CliffyB who will become the moderator of this sub forum. 

Some comments were deleted when it was determined that the original search for an item had been resolved, just in case anyone is wondering.   
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Story

• Nicht mein Zirkus, nicht meine Affen...
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 07:45:47 PM »
  Remember the old adage "One person's trash is another's treasure!".

Amen.

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Was left standing in front when everyone else took one step back...
  • Global Moderator
  • Putting the "pro" in procrastination since...?
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 09:42:12 PM »
  Remember the old adage "One person's trash is another's treasure!".

Looks like some folks have turned that into a business.  ;D

Cheers,
Moritz

"The appropriate response to reality is to go insane!"

Offline Story

• Nicht mein Zirkus, nicht meine Affen...
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2018, 05:25:43 AM »
Does your workbench look like this? Maybe it's time we did some cross-leveling.

Offline finsrin

• The Dr Frankenstein of the modelling world...when not hiding from SBA
  • Finds part glues it on, finds part glues it on....
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2018, 09:45:18 AM »
Yep,,,  pretty much looks like that.

Offline Chickadee

• More of a nerd than I care to admit
    • Karen McAllister
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2018, 04:51:26 AM »
Hi Folks,

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post, I am pretty new to the forum.

I just wanted to let you know that there are a number of parts available at Spot On Designs.  The Odds and SODs range has a small range of radomes, engines, exhausts, etc available.  We are just setting the range up and we will be adding to the range in the next few weeks and months. 

https://spotondesigns.info/product-category/odds-and-sods

If there are any specific items that you are interested in, please PM me and I will let Joe know.

Have a great week

Karen 'Chickadee' McAllister
Spot On Designs

Offline Gingie

• The LAV sausage-maker…goes nice with a home made beer I understand
  • Has been to Tatooine...
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2022, 03:51:23 AM »
72nd or 48th Sepecat Jaguar main landing gear (struts, wheels).

Or similar "high ground clearance" landing gear..not sure what, but the Jaguar is the only one I can think of now. Open to ideas.

Its for a sci-fi dropship.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2022, 04:51:07 AM »
72nd or 48th Sepecat Jaguar main landing gear (struts, wheels).

Or similar "high ground clearance" landing gear..not sure what, but the Jaguar is the only one I can think of now. Open to ideas.

Its for a sci-fi dropship.

I haz what you need.  But you have to take the entire box contents... 

2 X Fujimi 1/48th scale Mitsubishi T-2
2 X Fujimi 1/48th scale Mitsubishi F-1

You can have all of the above for postage.  The caveat is that certain parts have been stripped out to include the shoddy ordnance.  Everything is there to build the rest of the kit.  While Fujimi claims it is 1/48th scale, I am a bit skeptuical and consider these kits to be part of their 1/50th scale series due to the size of the cockpit bits. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Gingie

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2022, 12:22:51 AM »
Awesome Jeff! Thanks!

I just need 2 left and 2 right struts. The kits you can save and build them "gear up"?

- Graeme

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2022, 12:36:02 AM »
Awesome Jeff! Thanks!

I just need 2 left and 2 right struts. The kits you can save and build them "gear up"?

- Graeme

I have absolutely no desire to build the damned things wheels up or wheels down.  The novelty of having those two subjects in the stash wore off many years ago and I just want to be rid of the things.  :smiley:

*also, these kits are double boxed (2 X T-2, 2 X F-1) to reduce space as I had purchased all four of the kits when I was stationed in Germany back in the 80s. 
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 12:38:44 AM by Jeffry Fontaine »

Offline Gingie

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2022, 04:24:18 AM »
Hahah, OK I've a few of those myself.