Modelling > Land

M3 Lee/Grant and M4 Sherman Family of Vehicles

(1/46) > >>

Jeffry Fontaine:
Rob Haelterman's 1/72nd scale what-if model JagdSherman

(Click on image to view article.  Image source: Rob Haelterman/ARC-Armor)

GTX_Admin:
Cool- I want to do something like that one day.

Invited?

sotoolslinger:
Yep dang nifty. Dude needs to be here.

jcf:
Interesting concept, however the  name is silly and this line is a bit baffling:
"I have always wondered why the Allies never worked on anything resembling the “Jagdpanzer” style of vehicles" ...
Huh? Has he never heard of the Su-85 and Su-100? How about Archer?, OK the gun doesn't stick out the front,
but the concept is the same.

The US did work on fixed casemate, 3" gun Tank-Destroyers, the T24 of 1940/41 and the T40 of early 1942, which was based on the T24. The T40 was standardized as the M9 in April, 1942 and was to enter immediate production, however the Tank Destroyer Board didn't like the vehicle from the speed or mobility standpoints. Production was also a problem as there were only 27 of the Model 1918 3in guns available, thus the project was cancelled.

Also it can be argued that the Christie originated the layout:

Model 1932

Model 1935A

Model 1935B

Model 1936

Wulf:
thats cool... 8)...i like that. can relate to how the guy is thinking since i did a couple of tank destroyers based on the Crusader

the thing is that the Archer and M9 are a slightly different design to the casement style since they have open tops, which is what i think this guy was after

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version