Modelling > Scaleorama GB

Scale-O-Rama GB Inspiration Thread

(1/6) > >>

Brian da Basher:
Here's where you can come to be inspired or inspire others!

If you've got a past Scale-O-Rama completed project, post it here.

Thank you and have fun!

Brian da Basher

Brian da Basher:
Here's the model that's shown in the avatar on the main page, something I call the Cumulus. The base kit was the venerable 1/48 Testors/Hawk Curtiss RC floatplane racer which I built as a 1/72 civil transport.

For a bit of extra Scale-O-Rama fun, the decals were mostly from a classic Monogram box-scale Constellation.

Brian da Basher

Brian da Basher:
Next up is one I built as a gift for a good friend of mine over in France.

The base kit was a 1/72 Revell He-219 that I converted to a 1/144 airliner.

I flipped the fuselage upside-down which allowed me to re-purpose the ventral gun tray as the cockpit and cabin. I cut and flipped the rear tail again so the curve went upwards. Push-pull engine pods were made from drop-tanks and the spats and props are white-metal Aeroclub aftermarket items.

The decals came from an Airfix Caravelle.

Brian da Basher

Brian da Basher:
You might remember this more recent bit of Scale-O-Rama using a 1/72 Frog Sea Hawk and the nose of a 1/200 737 to create a 1/144 Navy patrol plane called the Petulant Penguin.

The decals were mostly spares but the penguin mascot comes from a 1/144 Minicraft Navy C-47.

Brian da Basher

Brian da Basher:
Here's the first of a couple of fairly recent builds turning a 1/144 Minicraft DC-6 into a 1/72 single-seater. This one is used a bunch of spare parts in different scales to create the Yak-13 Fragger.

The new tail feathers came from a 1/144 Arifix 737 and the canopy from a 1/72 Mosquito. The wings came in a box of spares a good friend sent me (thanks a million, Frank!).

Brian da Basher

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version