Author Topic: Black Ops Models  (Read 2966 times)

Offline LemonJello

• MARPAT Master
  • Member number 100...WooHoo!!!
Black Ops Models
« on: July 27, 2018, 08:07:05 PM »
I searched the forums (fora?) and didn't see a previous thread, so I'll start it off, I guess.

Black Ops Models is out of Australia, and they have a lot of neat resin bits-n-bobs for dioramas, with a heavy interest in the "Killer Egg" variants of the MD-500.

Their website: https://blackopsmodels.com/

I recently ordered a single GAU-19 for research purposes, and it was delivered to the US East Coast in about ten days.  I plan to give it a look over the weekend and can provide a rough review if anyone is interested.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 02:49:13 AM by LemonJello »

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
Re: Black Ops Models
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 09:56:54 PM »
I'm interested! :smiley:
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2018, 01:50:52 AM »
Now if they would just offer that in a pintle mounted version for shipboard and vehicle options. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline LemonJello

• MARPAT Master
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2018, 02:21:42 AM »
Now if they would just offer that in a pintle mounted version for shipboard and vehicle options.

I'm going to see what I can scrape together to make exactly that, since I don't really have plans to hang this on any 1/35 helo.

Offline LemonJello

• MARPAT Master
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2018, 12:15:12 AM »
Here are just a couple photos of Black Ops Models' GAU-19:

There are no assembly instructions.  You get a length of tubing for the 3 barrels, the flash hider/barrel ends, 2 parts for the gun chamber/motor, a section of flexible ammo chute and 2 parts for mounting it to a helo pylon of your choice (?).  All the parts were well cast with no apparent bubbles and very little flash.  The pour stubs are well located to be easily removed without damage to the parts. 

As previously mentioned, it would be nice to have a pintle mount option, so I'll be scratching that when I decide what project to use this on.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2018, 03:44:14 PM »
Nice! Thanks! :smiley:
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Story

• Nicht mein Zirkus, nicht meine Affen...
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2018, 03:30:52 AM »

Offline LemonJello

• MARPAT Master
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2020, 09:23:25 AM »
Anounced/reviewed on Armorama:

1/35 SEAL FAV Conversion

http://www.armorama.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Reviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=15395

Base kit is the Hobbyboss Delta Force FAV.

It's not listed on their website (yet), so no price info is available.  I plan to get one along with a 2nd base kit at some point.