Author Topic: An Ambush of Tigers  (Read 2936 times)

Offline 35th-scale

• On first name terms with someone called Nathan...
  • I wonder what scale he builds in???
An Ambush of Tigers
« on: March 04, 2017, 09:36:14 AM »
Got the Meng one for Christmas and then picked up the Zvezda version in Marks Models recently. Couldn't decide which to do first so will do both together.

I'm quite familiar with Meng quality but was pleasantly surprised at the quality of Zvezda. Nice crisp moulding and flash free

And the Meng is also a lovely kit

Both kits have a slightly different approach but still turn out very similar. Lengths are both the same but the wheelbase is longer on the Meng (on left)

Offline Buzzbomb

• Low Concentration Span, oft wanders betwixt projects
  • Accurate Scale representations of fictional stuff
    • Club and my stuff site
Re: An Ambush of Tigers
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 04:19:09 PM »
Head to head building.. nice one.
However I am somewhat disturbed by the unholy cleanliness of the work mat.
All a bit freaky :D

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
  • Formerly Frank2056. New upgrade!
    • My new webpage
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 04:44:05 AM »
I have the Meng kit and I've thought about getting the Zvezda kit, but it doesn't comes with the interior camo decals and the body is in parts. Definitely interested in this build.

That work mat, though. Disturbing. The only acceptable excuse is that it's new, right? Right?

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 05:55:04 PM »
Nice! :)

I've got the Meng version & will be watching carefully. :D
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline 35th-scale

• On first name terms with someone called Nathan...
  • I wonder what scale he builds in???
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 03:10:08 AM »
First, the mat: it is relatively new and onky used for cutting and glueing. I use sheets of drawing paper when painting, filling or sanding.

The lack of the camo pattern spall liner is a drawback for the Zvezda, so might do it with closed doors. We will have to see how the multi part body goes together.